Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wag Aero?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Anybody been around the wag Aero traveler I am considering buying a set of drawings. Looks like a nice plane with a great price on the drawings.

Posted

Anybody been around the wag Aero traveler I am considering buying a set of drawings. Looks like a nice plane with a great price on the drawings.

I have seen one up close and like the look. Basic Avid/Fox  construction, GA engine.  And a lot of Piper parts fit, so scrounging ability cheapens the cost. An still have a classic.

1 person likes this

Posted

There is a sheriff's sale for a Wag aero sportsman on home built aircraft....  JImChuk

img_20200113_174100-jpg.92076

1 person likes this

Posted

I have the plans for that airplane.  It is usually referred to as a Wag-A-Bond rather than a Traveler.   The  plans are indeed a good price.  I would still like to build it but have several projects in front.  It is basically a homebuilt version of the PA15/17 airplanes.  I've not flown in a Wag-A-Bond but have flown in a PA-20 several times many years ago which is a 4-place version of the airplane.The PA-20 is what promted me to buy the Wag-A-Bond plans.  

1 person likes this

Posted

I've always wanted to build one, but it is a time consuming build and not an easy build. But one could make it into whatever type of plane he wanted. At this stage in my life, a folding wing bird is the only choice and not too many types of those available. Doesn't look like Avid is coming back, A new fox is out of reach, so this old classic model 2 fits me the best.