Kitfox 2 for sale

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, you get the first ad for my Kitfox 2 I found in a garage a couple of months ago. Here the story:

Sometime in the 1990's it was imported from the USA into Canada. The aircraft was stripped from it's original fabric and re-covered /painted. All the windows are new also. Apparently it has flown 87Hrs (hobbs meter). The elderly owner died before he could finish it . I took it over so as to finish it and register it here in Canada....Unfortunately there is no Canadian paperwork with the aircraft (lost) and that means I have to take the fabric back off to have it inspected again besides some other papers they require I don't have to make it an amateur buit (experimental). My easiest would be to register it as an ultralight but in Canada you can't take a passenger :(

So I am trying to see with you guys if any one is interested to bring it back to the usa.

It is fitted with a GH 582 (dual spark), has a 3 bladed warp drive propeller, King com and transponder.

The gearbox is a "B" type (2,58), engine serial number is 3916346

To get it flying :

It is missing one Bing 54 carburettor and the exhaust header. Otherwise the wiring loom (aircraft grade) has to be re-installed, re-start the engine (or overhaul) and you're good to go

I can bring the Kitfox to the border (Vancouver-washington state). I live 2Hrs drive from Vancouver.

All yours for 7900 USD

IMG_7890.jpg

IMG_7891.jpg

IMG_7892.jpg

IMG_7893.jpg

IMG_7894.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_7905.jpg

IMG_7908.jpg

IMG_7909.jpg

IMG_7910.jpg

IMG_8124.jpg

IMG_7915.jpg

IMG_7916.jpg

IMG_8132.jpg

IMG_8126.jpg

IMG_8137.jpg

IMG_8127.jpg

IMG_8134.jpg

IMG_8129.jpg

IMG_8131.jpg

IMG_8133.jpg

IMG_8139.jpg

IMG_8128.jpg

IMG_8136.jpg

IMG_8125.jpg

IMG_8138.jpg

Posted

It will probably be snatched up pretty quick at that price!  Basic airframe and wings is worth that.  Wiring is a moot point since it isn't a big issue at least not with a 582. Too bad it isn't closer to me. Jim Chuk's my hero!!!!!!

Posted

Allen, can I frame that comment?  :lmao:It does seem like a reasonable price.   I'm not looking for another one though.  Unless it's real close, and priced right.  (low)  :lmao:

1 person likes this

Posted

I am shocked!!!  Mortified!!! And a bunch of other words. Its too far for me also.  I was looking at new kit prices yesterday and couldn't believe the prices they are asking. Well out of my range. At least the common person could spend a little time finishing this one and not mortgage the house to get it flying. Even as parts its still worth it.

Posted

Flywise I've sent you an email last night.

Posted

Flywise I've sent you an email last night.

Hey NWflyer,

I got a couple e mails but not one from you....must have been a late night :)

You can PM me or ask any question here

Laurent

Posted

Dang what a great deal, if I was in another stage of life I'd be already driving to the border lol. 

Posted

I found a small nick on the tip of one blade of the prop (repairable), here the details also some more pictures. Also regarding the fabric, it was re covered sometimes after March 2000. I do have one paper about the wing being inspected prior to covering.

IMG_8145.jpg

IMG_8146.jpg

IMG_8147.jpg

IMG_8148.jpg

IMG_8149.jpg

IMG_8150.jpg

IMG_8151.jpg

IMG_8154.jpg

IMG_8155.jpg

IMG_8156.jpg

IMG_8157.jpg

IMG_8158.jpg

IMG_8159.jpg

IMG_8160.jpg

19-86 WIESE PRECOVER RAA SNAG FEB 02 2000.pdf

Posted

Hey guys,

I have someone picking up the kitfox tomorrow. If it doesn't happen I'll let you know.

Happy flying to all

1 person likes this

Posted

Didn't take long!  Usually doesn't. The classics are getting rare.

Posted

Hey Guys,

here the update about my "non-buyer" I met yesterday....To sum it up, after both of us drove many hours in bad weather, the buyer stopped at the usa customs to enquire about the procedure bringing in the Kitfox..well he got more than he bargained for, got spooked by the strict customs officer and didn't dare bring it through the us border. Both of us drove a long way home and the kitfox is still for sale.

PLEASE do your homework with the FAA and customs. I have gone the other way (USA-Canada) and found it easy to go through customs but I am not sure how to work the us government agencies (neither was my buyer)

Anyone interested, you will get copies of the US papers from the builder to the last person who owned it in the usa and you will get a bill of sale from me. The aircraft has been declared sold to canada and deregistered in 2013 from the FAA registery

https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Results.aspx?NNumbertxt=N569F

Posted

When I hauled the unfinished Christavia back from Canada to Mn. last summer, it was a non issue.  No tarrifs or paper work.  It was an unfinished project though and had not been registered in either the USA or Canada.   He may not really had had a problem either, but as you say, it's good to have it all in order before you try to go across the border.  JImChuk

Posted

I also hauled my unfinished kit from Canada to the US without any issues. 

Posted

Hey Guys,

latest update, the Kitfox is on its way to California. Passed customs as a project (no fees) no problem.

It is SOLD now

Happy flying..

2 people like this

Posted

Sweet Great Planes Giant Scale Pitts hanging in the shop! What engine is in it? Had one with a FPE 40 cc w/smoke, loved it!