Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox 1,2, or 3 fiberglass fuel tanks

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Just saw these on barnstormers.  Not sure if anyone is interested, but here they are.  (not mine)  JImChuk

NEW KITFOX 1/2/3 WING TANKS • $250 • FOR SALE • Never installed 13 gal l/r wing tanks circa 1990. NOT for ethanol fuel. $250 each + shipping • Contact Ken Hall, Owner -  located Windsor, CO United States • Telephone: 9702315782 • Posted December 26, 2019

Posted

Just saw these on barnstormers.  Not sure if anyone is interested, but here they are.  (not mine)  JImChuk

NEW KITFOX 1/2/3 WING TANKS • $250 • FOR SALE • Never installed 13 gal l/r wing tanks circa 1990. NOT for ethanol fuel. $250 each + shipping • Contact Ken Hall, Owner -  located Windsor, CO United States • Telephone: 9702315782 • Posted December 26, 2019

Jim, did the spar spacing change after model 3? 

Posted (edited)

I believe they are 27  1/2" center to center of spars on all Kitfox and Avid models.   JImChuk

PS  If you need some for the Kitfox 4, the shape of the tank is different, and there are some of them around from kits that never got built, and now the builder wants the fiberglass tanks made with the alcohol resistant resin.  

Edited by 1avidflyer

Posted

I know the rib design is a Ribblett airfoil on the IV, I can easily make false spar bottoms for them. I was just curious about the spacing. The plane I am purchasing only has one wing tank. I may have to just build my own for what they want for them. I can get vinylester resin that will take the ethanol but I also run nonethanol fuel. 
Just thinking ahead for some improvements.  If I could find a later model tank that would be easier for sure. I haven’t seen them. Let me know if you see one. 
Thanks

Posted

If you run an add for some Kitfox 4 tanks on barnstormers or team kitfox forum, you will probably find some.   JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Sent him a message early this morning.. Hopefully he still has them as my model 2 is in sore need. 

Posted

If you run an add for some Kitfox 4 tanks on barnstormers or team kitfox forum, you will probably find some.   JImChuk

Guess I will have to go to the darkside and join their forum. Haha