catalina/magnum rights/fixtures 4sale on Bstormers

4 posts in this topic

Posted

posted this under catalina, but figured I'd post it here as well..

since it might be of interest :-)

Here's the link:

https://barnstormers.com/ad_detail.php?id=1528030

And, here's the ad:  (without the posted pictures..)

AVID MAGNUM & CATALINA LINES • $99,500 • OFFERED FOR SALE • CHOICE of Avid Magnum or Catalina production items to produce complete kits, 99,500 PER LINE . All weld jigs for fuselage, landing gear, rudders, struts, elevators, engine mounts, all fiberglass for wing tips, cowlings, all sheet metal parts, original OEM parts. Manuals, literature, and much more. please call for more information 641-452-6656 • Contact Kim Tomash, Owner -  located Unionville, IA United States • Telephone: 641-452-6656 • Posted December 10, 2019 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchist

1 person likes this

Posted

I tried to buy the Magnum rights last year but a bit steep for me.  I figured I would have to go to every aviation show in the world for 10 years to maybe sell 20 kits. The Magnum is proven around this site but nobody else seems to have heard of them. 

2 people like this

Posted

Well I have bin reading that add for a month,and can’t stop thinking about it . I’m positive this won’t work but could 3 or 4 of us go together buy it decide who would build and supply witch major components? Say 1- wings.fiberglass components      2- fuselage   3 -control surfaces and landing gear. 4 - or some thing like that (pipe dream)

Thx rjg 

Posted

No offense to the Magnum, but there are several kits out there similar to the Magnum and one would be competing with them for the kit builders dollar. The kit would have to be reasonable in price to draw builders. At today's cost for materials and labor it would be hard to compete. Add the used market into the pie chart and it gets even tougher. Some cost you can control and some you can't. The used market is full of good little aircraft (except Avid/Foxes) that can be had for 50% of building a kit. Everyone is leaning to LSA bush type planes and the pilot population is getting older so the LSA type market is looking good. One could probably do better by buying the older Avid/Foxes, rebuilding them and reselling, except you'd have to beat Jim Chuk and Buckchop off with a stick to get the older ones. LOL!

3 people like this