catalina/magnum rights/fixtures 4sale on Bstormers

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Here's the link:

https://barnstormers.com/ad_detail.php?id=1528030

And, here's the ad:  (without the posted pictures..)

AVID MAGNUM & CATALINA LINES • $99,500 • OFFERED FOR SALE • CHOICE of Avid Magnum or Catalina production items to produce complete kits, 99,500 PER LINE . All weld jigs for fuselage, landing gear, rudders, struts, elevators, engine mounts, all fiberglass for wing tips, cowlings, all sheet metal parts, original OEM parts. Manuals, literature, and much more. please call for more information 641-452-6656 • Contact Kim Tomash, Owner -  located Unionville, IA United States • Telephone: 641-452-6656 • Posted December 10, 2019 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchist

Posted

THAT would be a score. Let’s all chip in on it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The Magnum maybe, but $99.5k for the Catalina rights & tooling?  My children wouldn't likely live long enough to see that one go even. Having worked in the kitplane business I can tell you it ain't easy. I'd do $50k for both lines but that's just me.  

Posted

What we need is an Avid/Fox kit for 10K that cruises at 130, stalls at 30, burns 2 GPH and 3000 hr TBO. That's what I am waiting for! Until then, I'll keep my model 2.

Posted

Is this the guy who recently tried to restart Avid back in business now selling off?

Posted

Not the same name as the Avid website. But that means little nowdays.

Posted

This is the guy that sold out to the new owner of avid. Apparently the new owner did not get it all. Given the number of kits that these two owners have sold. (zero for the new owner, possibly the same for the old (Jim Tomash), i think it would be really tough to start this up and make it work. It would certainly need to be a labor of love consuming your life, not a part time job or hobby.

1 person likes this