Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mangy Fox Dumb Stunts

41 posts in this topic

Posted

I bought the ring from Aircraft Spruce. It's on its way. Will report back once I get it mounted up and flown! Thanks for making me aware of it!

Posted

I bought the ring from Aircraft Spruce. It's on its way. Will report back once I get it mounted up and flown! Thanks for making me aware of it!

Waiting to hear how it does. Plan on getting one, myself.

Posted

I've got 4 hours on mine.  Very enthused about the results so far! 

Posted

I've got 4 hours on mine.  Very enthused about the results so far! 

I am glad you habe had such great results with yours. I installed one on my Glasair with an IO320 and it was no better at all. I actually ended up pulling it off later. Purchased a Dynavibe and that made a huge difference. 

If anyone wants to buy a used one I will make them a great deal on it. Not sure if they are different sized for the smaller engines we run though. I paid 385 for mine. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Kenneth, I heard the same comment from a guy on TKF who put one on his Lycoming RV.  Maybe the direct drive engine just isn’t compatible with how the dynamics of these balances work. 

I now have about 6 hours on the unit and I am very pleased with it.  

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a few hours on mine now and I'm somewhere in the middle. It makes a difference, but it is hard to describe. It's almost like sometimes the whole RPM range is a lot smoother and sometimes there are still RPMs where it vibrates. Overall I believe it has improved things enough that I do not regret buying it. So I guess that's a good thing.

2 people like this

Posted

I was looking on Luga's website and they said the props last only 600hrs. Doesn't seem like alot, too me. 

Posted

Kenneth, I heard the same comment from a guy on TKF who put one on his Lycoming RV.  Maybe the direct drive engine just isn’t compatible with how the dynamics of these balances work. 

I now have about 6 hours on the unit and I am very pleased with it.  

I also wonder if it is more about the big heavy Hartzell constant speed prop on the front of my plane than the ring.

Posted

Larry, how do you liking the N/R prop so far? I'm thinking about getting one from Hal for my Fox and I would like some feedback. 

Posted

Larry, how do you liking the N/R prop so far? I'm thinking about getting one from Hal for my Fox and I would like some feedback. 

So far, so good.  Performance is good.  The Prince pulled harder out of the hole, but the Luga/NR is faster on the top end.  I went from 200' takeoff to 250'.  I can live with that.

After the world of bullcrap is over, I'd like to try a pair of 79" blades in it to see how they perform.

Posted (edited)

Yes wait till covid is gone. I ordered a second set of blades they were shipped out on march 5th and moving very slowly. Expected delivery is in July.

Edited by TJay

Posted

So far, so good.  Performance is good.  The Prince pulled harder out of the hole, but the Luga/NR is faster on the top end.  I went from 200' takeoff to 250'.  I can live with that.

After the world of bullcrap is over, I'd like to try a pair of 79" blades in it to see how they perform.

thanks 

Posted

What's ur staric rpm?

Cruise rpm/mph? vs the Prince

Posted (edited)

With the pitch setting I have now, I see 5500 to 5600 on full power takeoff roll.  The Prince I was getting 5200.  

Cruise at 5000 rpm I see 100 mph now and ~90 before.

I played with higher pitch settings and saw 125 mph at 5500 rpm...

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

That's not bad numbers. 

1 person likes this