Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

site migration issues

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Folks.

So I paid a lot of money to have the hosting moved to an updated server and for 3 yrs on the new server.  Of course, as murphy would have it there appears to have been an issue with the migration and any posts from Wednesday afternoon till now were lost.  I sincerely apologize and if you have posted a question and now cant find it, please feel free to post again.

:BC:

Posted

I had to go around the mountain just to log on! Hope it gets fixed, Yayhoo is pretty crappy lately. Lost my other group completely so hope it won't happen here.

Posted

There were issues earlier in the day when they did the cut over to the new server and the site was lost in  cyber space.  They now have it up and running but are still working out some bugs.  I assure you the site is not going anywhere and it was backed up to the posts that were made as of Wednesday afternoon.  Worst case, the hand full of posts made between Wednesday afternoon and late this morning will be lost.

Doing the best I can to keep the site running and headed into the future boss.

2 people like this

Posted

Wasn't saying you had anything to do with it! But yayhoo has been making some changes lately in their format of groups so anything is possible. If it wasn't for this group a lot of builders would be left out in the cold, so I'll stick with it and help support it. As I am sure many others will also. Plus in my area, we still use the string and can system so it could also be on my end too. Finally found a group worth supporting.

1 person likes this

Posted

I really appreciate the time, money, and effort you’ve put into this. It’s a great site. The people here have been really helpful with my project. 

I did notice some problems posting pictures today. Uploads failed when I clicked the link, so I copied and pasted a pic, which appeared to work, at first, but after I posted, the post was just blank. I’m sure they’ll get it all worked out. Thanks again for putting this together, and to everyone else for being a part of it. 

1 person likes this

Posted

No worries, I certainly appreciate all your work to keep this site up and going.  I suspect that the world will continue to spin even if the great wisdom I posted Thursday is lost.

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted

I had to go around the mountain just to log on! Hope it gets fixed, Yayhoo is pretty crappy lately. Lost my other group completely so hope it won't happen here.

So is there actually still an avid flyer yahoo group? Google search for me shows nothing....

Posted

Do we have any members here that know anything about the invision software and are computer geeks, I mean gurus?  I have the godaddy security and migration teams working this but they are not invision gurus and are the ones that kind of hosed this up to begin with.  I am 700 miles away from my laptop and the security on the work computers will not let me get into the control panel etc.  If you think its frustrating for you folks I am about 1000 times beyond that level of frustration right now.  Nothing like pissing away 800 bucks for a hack job on the server move..

Posted

That reminds me to pitch in a few $$ again so that some of that money you are pissing away can be off your shoulders.

Sometimes shit doesn't go right..  it happens.

Thanks for all that you do man.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you sir!

Folks,

please refrain from posting any serious content till I get this ironed out and get the forum back to running correctly.  I would hate to loose any more new info if I have to revert back to the Wednesday backup.. again..

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Thank you sir!

Folks,

please refrain from posting any serious content till I get this ironed out and get the forum back to running correctly.  I would hate to loose any more new info if I have to revert back to the Wednesday backup.. again..

Thanks

Post your address again for us that want to kick in a few bucks! I guess we are all Avid/Fox brothers. And I get more information here than most of those Kitplane magizines.

Edited by Allen Sutphin
1 person likes this

Posted

akflyer_2000 at yahoo.com is my pp addy.

Thanks guys.  I am considering crawling through the phone and beating some dweebs ass for the way this server migration has gone...

Posted

Computer geek yes, invision, no.  As I recall when I looked at it a while back, the database is mysql, pretty standard and should be something even you average overseas computer dweeb should be able to move without a lot of angst.

I'm pretty covered up at the moment, end of the year is always busy when clients figure out they still have money in their budget and lose it 12/31....

Mark

Posted

I got the invision developers to straighten out the files.  Unfortunately, I think the time has come that I need to update the software.  I have held off for a long time as I hate change and hate some of the features on the newer software.  For the sake of site security and to hopefully prevent another hacker attack (there was malware found in the files that were left over from the last attack) I think I will have to bite the bullet and do the update in a couple weeks when I get back home.  For now, it appears things are functioning properly again.  If you run into any major issues with posting etc, please let me know.

Posted

What an improvement!  The site and posts actually come up quickly on my old desktop computer.  It used to time out before showing a post.

1 person likes this