Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kit prices

1 post in this topic

Posted

Was looking thru my info packet from Rocky Mountain Wings that I got early this year and was comparing prices. A Ridge Runner IV kit is 21,900 minus engine and instruments. Performance is compatiable with a Model 1 or 2 or 3. So yes, a flyable Model 1, 2, or 3 is definitely worth 20K.  These 6-7K unfinished kits are a good deal as long as one understands what it takes to complete it and have a flyable aircraft.  Either way, one will have 15K invested in a good flyable plane. At 7-10K for a new 2 stroke, gearbox, prop combination, just because it has a 2 stroke doesn't make it any less valuable, at least at todays prices. It does frost my gonads sometimes when the GA crowd looks down their noses at us 2 stroke guys like we are less because of our engine choices. So you guys that are thinking of selling for whatever reason, stick to your guns on the price, unless of course, you have to sell for certain reasons. But for us that fly the Avid/Foxes with 2 strokes, we still have a little money in our pocket and a desirable aircraft that can be sold. I don't know about you guys, but I can't justify 40K for a recreational hobby toy. I like this so called lowly model 2 more and more every day.  At least I can do a overhaul for the price of 1 cylinder repair on a 912.

2 people like this