Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hirth 3202

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Thought I would share my thoughts on the Hirth 3202 so far. #1. easiest starting 2 stroke I've seen. #2 Lots of low end torque compared to a 582. My friends 582 takes almost 4500 to get rolling with the 21" Nanco's on grass. I figured about the same on the 55 hp hirth. At 3000rpm I was halfway down the runway before I realized it. I think with the custom exhaust I am pushing more than 55 hp. I've got everything tweaked pretty good so its at its peak. Fast taxi test show engine temps are good and power response was excellent. Now a little more TW refresher before going skyward. Crappy brake system will not hold it much over 3K rpm so new brake set-up is in the works. I am running 80/1 with Blue Max oil using 93 OCT. So far I am pleased. In the air will tell the story.

Posted

Fuel injected?

Posted

No, it originally had fuel injection but I removed it and went back to Delorto carbs. Fuel injection had to many electrical componets that could fail and leave you grounded. They were working on a dual system but not on the table yet. One can look at a carb and tell what is worn, can't do that with a computer. Plus air sensors, pump relays, computer, high pressure pump, etc, all dependent on electrical power. Basic carb engine is self sustaining.

Posted

Mongo need pictures;)

Posted

Only ones I have Mongo! After a little proding from a few here, I had to build everything firewall forward.

Engine mount 001.JPG

Fox 2 001.JPG

1 person likes this