Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Kits

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Sitting here going thru the Kitplanes buyers guide and realized something. Maybe Jim and a couple others are crazy like a fox. Very few 2 place kits are priced under 25K. And that doesn't mean complete kits to a flyable aircraft. Most going for nearly double that. So buying up Avid/foxes at a reasonable price isn't so crazy as it seems. The older Avid/Foxes can still hang in there with the big dogs for a fraction of the cost. Maybe a few mph slower, not as roomy or carry as much, but still can get the job done and have money left over for lunch. So I expect these are going up in price pretty quickly. So you guys that are thinking that its not worth the time and effort to redo one, might want to reconsider that in the near future, very few will be available, and the ones that are will not be as cheap anymore. Already they have went above 15K for a flyable one and inching toward 20K or better.

Posted

There you go Allen, letting the cat out of the bag..... :)  JImChuk

2 people like this

Posted

Can't let you have all the fun!  Maybe a pretty fart smeller, opps! smart feller. Daggone spell checker!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yep i have to agree the prices have gone up pretty good in just my 3yrs of KitFox Fun. Guess that y i have 3 now, and bad thing is I always seem to b lookin for more of them. Hahahaaaaa 

Edited by Buckchop

Posted

And will probably continue to go up! Just looking at a Rans S-21, 80K-90K and then build it, OUCH!  An Avid/Fox seems to be the last of the working man's STOL plane, at least the older ones, anyway. No wonder they are disappearing so quick, you and Jim have scarfed them up! LOL!

1 person likes this