Jabiru mount for Model C?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Thinking about converting from 582 to Jabiru. Is there a supplier for the mount or are drawings available to fabricate your own? I am already guessing that I will have to fabricate a new cowling myself. Not sure about fabricating the mount myself from scratch.

Thanks, Dan

Posted

IIRC, Dan Murphy of Two Harbors, MN might have the cowling mold.

Posted

IIRC, Dan Murphy of Two Harbors, MN might have the cowling mold.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. For now I plan to make my own.

Dan

Posted

Hey dan

jabiru lists the avid flyer as a supported kit on their installation page. it seems they sell engine mounts for the avid, so no need to fabricate your own.

i recently sent them an email and got an answer back yesterday regarding the availability of avid engine mounts:

Hi Pascal

All I have as per my paper trial here on the Avid is x 2 engine mounts and no cowling at all sorry, Avid 1,2&3 and a Avid mark 4

Kind Regards
Kody Barrett

Jabiru Aircraft Pty Ltd
P.O. Box 5792
Bundaberg West
QLD 4670 Australia
Ph: (+61) 07 4155 1778 Main Line
Ph: (+61) 07 4155 2917 Aircraft Spares
kodyb@jabiru.net.au
spares@jabiru.net.au
productsupport@jabiru.net.au
On the Web: www.Jabiru.net.au

as far as i understand this, that means he's got two engine mounts in stock but you will have to fabricate your own cowling.. i think i saw someone post on this forum that he got the mount through the US rep of jabiru and that the latest Gen 4 engine needs a different mount (two mount points are offset from previous engines, so make sure you get the right one when you buy your avid.

further more, there was a guy from alaska selling his jabiru powered avid here in the for sale section.. he is parting it out hand had a full fwf kit including the jabiru engine, cowling and mount.. maybe that's still availabe, give him a call.

i on my part have decided to go with a rotax 912, so don't worry about me when you order the last engine mount ;)

Posted

Dan.   I bought the fwf from the guy in Alaska for my C model, the engine is temporarily on the airplane as I’m ‘tuning up the cowl’ a little bit. But could get you the specs if needed, no problem.

75DB02F7-A462-4BF9-B937-4BA60D76C8A2.jpeg

1 person likes this