Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MKIV project near Wenatchee WA

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh my, does anyone know someone in the transportation business?

Posted

To those of you with build experience.... What do you realistically think it would take to get this bird back in the air? How big of a chore is it to recover? She looks to have been stored outside for the past few years at least. Tail number puts her having been built around ‘94 -‘95. Price point is good but cost to get airworthy could be substantial yet. Let me know your thoughts if you don’t mind, I might drive over and take a look and would love to have some of your guy’s experience. 

Thanks,

Posted

It all depends on how much work you're able and willing to accomplish, and how quick you want to fly. I would not assign much value to the current firewall forward. Expect to pay for a new FWF ($? depending on choice and sourcing) plus at least $3500 to recover and paint. That's all D.I.Y. cost, no labor. Beyond that, cost of required repairs which are very difficult to estimate without seeing it in person. On a full recover w/ new FWF, I would be tempted to repaint the bare fuse, rewire etc. all add time and expense. This one is more than slapping lipstick on a pig, I see a lot of time and money in this project.

Posted

All I can say is if it was real close to me, I would be going to take a look at it.  And pulling my trailer when I made the trip.   But then like Allen says, I'm crazy:lmao:He's right too!   JImChuk

Posted

If I was retired, had the time and $ and, perhaps most importantly, already had a flying plane, I'd do it too. If I wanted to fly asap, I think I could take the total $ it would ultimately take to redo this one, spend the $ upfront and buy something way closer to flying. Maybe even airworthy and currently flying if you get lucky. But everybody is different and sometimes pickin's are slim.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sold... :(

Posted

I have a mk4 with a r1 I should sell. Not sure on price needs to be finished. Feel free to call Jared at 360 317 8996 I live in Friday Harbor wa

Posted

Pics, Jared?