another short wing death trap

32 posts in this topic

Posted

The latest in the stable.  She is a 57 that has a few miles on her.  Hopefully after the heart transplant I did last week she will be good to go for years to come.  I needed something to fly farther and haul more weight than the Avid likes to carry.  Narrow deck factory 160 with an 82X44 prop and she gets off the ground just fine.  New tips / extension in the very near future will give it around 18" more wing on each side.

:BC:

pacer 2.jpg

pacer 1.jpg

5 people like this

Posted

A genuine full blooded, full pedigreed airplane! Looking good!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Way to go Leni, that ought to haul some mining supplies!

1 person likes this

Posted

I like that airplane nice work. Looks like fun.

Posted

Got a little snow dump overnight.  We went from rain and zero snow to 12-15" in about 9 hours.  That snow was on top of nice slick wet ice.  Spent 360 bucks on grip studs for the side x side and was able to make 200' full pushes through the snow without slowing down.  

snowy pacer.jpg

clean pacer.jpg

deep snow.jpg

deep snow 1.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Not as good as the SxS for the Silverado?

Posted

Ya lost me mr.  What you talking bout willis :dunno:

Posted

I would guess, putting the grip studs on the Silverado instead of the SXS.

Posted

I would guess, putting the grip studs on the Silverado instead of the SXS.

Truck doesn't have a plow on it and doesn't need them.  The SxS does all the plow work these days and does need them to make life much easier on wet ice and carrying lots of snow in the plow.  Makes it safer rallying down the trails too!

Posted

Looks like the pickup was buried...

Posted

You see the word on the side of that truck?  That there is chevy Silverado.  The only thing that truck gets buried in is women, when ya drive one of these they just throw themselves at ya.  That is not a gas tank in the back of that rig for fueling the plane, that's a flame thrower for when I need a break and I can't get the women to leave me alone.. Gotta set up a perimeter burn so I can see em coming and fire off a few warning shots.  :lmao:

Posted

For the record, no the truck never got stuck.  It was pretty light and fluffy snow at this point (it was 19 degrees)  The next day would have been a different story when it warmed up and started raining.  Good old #29 posted a pic of his bird tied down out at the airport and you can see the snow is pretty much all gone except for where it was plowed into a pile.  Pretty damn strange weather we are having again this year.

Posted

You see the word on the side of that truck?  That there is chevy Silverado.  The only thing that truck gets buried in is women, when ya drive one of these they just throw themselves at ya.  That is not a gas tank in the back of that rig for fueling the plane, that's a flame thrower for when I need a break and I can't get the women to leave me alone.. Gotta set up a perimeter burn so I can see em coming and fire off a few warning shots.  :lmao:

I would say something, but after that, there isn't anything to say. That Alaskan Crown Royal must be different stuff than here in the lower 48.

Posted

I used to have one almost exactly like that,  same color even. Weak tranny gave out. Couldn't wait to upgrade to a real truck. I love my Ram. 

I do have to admit that Silverado could go in the slick, even with really bald tires I never got it stuck. Even had to pull a jeep out with it. The dodge breaks traction after a slight drizzle. But I love the rumble that diesel makes. 

20180831_163531.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Truck? That's a nice toy.  Here's a Truck. 

20170810_165227_small.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Good looking rig.  I am pushing 200K on mine and so far so good.  Nothing major besides wheel bearings and brakes.  Tranny is still going strong and that amazes me as I pull my 24' and 28' boat and 26' enclosed trailer with it regularly.  Airbags in the back to keep the truck level.  I have abused it and the kid wrecked it twice, but mechanically she has held up AWESOME!  I am getting nervous on the high mileage and the things I haul with it so I know in the near future I am going to have to get used to a truck payment again.

Posted

The only reason I have this beast is to haul the 40' 5th wheel around.  This is the first long bed I've had, and I'll never have another short bed.  It is nice to be able to shut the tailgate when leaving home depot.  The dually is nice when the 5th wheel is back there, it's a lot more stable in wind, but it is a pain to park in a normal spot.

It does surprisingly well on the highway without the trailer - about 17mpg, pretty much what my old gas 1500 short bed did. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate dually's in the winter.  Summer they are nice except for the parking as you mentioned.

Posted (edited)

Truck? That's a nice toy.  Here's a Truck. 

20170810_165227_small.jpg

Do ya really wanna go there?  My dually. 480 hp, 1850 pound feet of torque.  I’d bet less than half the cost of a new pickup  

4FED37A6-C81C-46BB-A0A9-8B0FEF416E07.jpeg

Edited by Av8r3400
4 people like this

Posted

I was gonna stand up for Ford here with my 1 ton Stroker...   buuut I guess I really don't want to "go there" against that ^^^ rig!

???:wacko::blink:

:lmao:

2 people like this

Posted

:lmao:  well.. you know what they say.  The littler the pecker the bigger the truck... I'm doing juuuust fine with my lil half ton :lmao:

2 people like this

Posted

:lmao:  well.. you know what they say.  The littler the pecker the bigger the truck... I'm doing juuuust fine with my lil half ton :lmao:

I'll just keep my mouth shut!!!!!!

Posted

ahhh, its all in good fun.  Don't want to offend anyone too bad, but then again... If you are in need of a laugh, youtube ameri king Silverado.

Posted (edited)

Well i must have a real small one huh?  Hahahaaaa

Boy Oh Boy u guys think u have a truck? How about my BIG BABY?? Hahahahahaaaaa 1976 international series 350,4x4, payhauler, 79,500lbs empty, total gross weight 179,500lbs, 660hp V12 cummins, 1550ft pounds of tourqe.  And i have 2. 

Very cool, but the Ak St Troopers get mad if i drive it down to the store for a rootbeer.:BC: :lmao:

image.png

Edited by Buckchop
1 person likes this

Posted

Pepper and tweezers bro.. dump a little pepper on it and when it sneezes you can grab it with the teweezers.

1 person likes this