Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Poly brush

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Used about 3 qt. Poly brush on 1 wing. 2 brush coats, tapes and 3 spray coats. Sound about right?EuDjqqsjYzZjrfXRb1Xq6REJCr7oGlht8QGvD6ri

Posted

Seems like I remember seeing a complete package for a cub on Spruce. Had something like 11 gal of poly brush. Can't find it now.

Posted

Poly fiber manual says only one brush coat, but to put it on thick enough so you are getting the fabric wet all the way through.  If you skimp on the poly brush, you will likely be dealing with pin holes later, and they are a real pain.  I wonder if your spray coats are thick enough.  You should see the spray pattern turn wet as you move along.  Here is the last wings I did.  Another thing to think about is when the manual says one coat, they actually mean 2 coats sprayed in opposite  directions.  I'm not claiming to be an expert, this is the 5 th plane I've done, and so have a little bit of experience, and this is what worked for me.  Another thing on the amounts of material poly fiber recommends, is they sell the stuff, and the more you buy, the better for them.  I don't know how you could put 11 gallons on a Piper CubJImChuk

Photo1049.jpg

Posted

Here's the material list from PolyFiber. At least one extra gallon of PolyBrush in my experience.

PolyFiberCoverCost.pdf