Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fuel Line Routing

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Anybody have a picture of how the fuel lines are routed from the wing tanks to the header tank. With the folding wings, the control rods rub them about any way I have positioned them. If not, I'll figure it out.

Posted

I can't find a picture but I routed mine behind the vertical tubing supporting the rear carry through tube and along the rear carry through tube then drop right at the header.

Posted

That's basically how I ran mine but its pretty close tolerance where the control rods are with the wings unfolded. Made a couple of standoff's for the seatbelt attachments which moved them to give me a little more room. Folding the wings takes up a lot of room in that area. May end up just disconnecting the control rods when folding like the model 4 and up.

Posted

are you using a header behind the seat or under the dash?  

Posted

A 3.3 gal alum header tank behind the seat. Of course this is an older picture and now everything is completed with all the goddies installed.

Header tank 001.JPG

Posted

Finally got all the fuel lines installed with clearance including the vent line for the header tank. May change the vent line to one of the tanks instead of on top of the windscreen at a later date. Now a couple of minor things and get it started and the prop dialed in. Hirth recommended starting at 14-15 deg initially. They stated that normally the 3202 will need at least 14 deg to keep from redlining. Now if the dang rain will stop.

Posted

Fired up the Hirth this weekend and it started on the second blade. Now to get the carbs dialed in and all the little tweaking done.  Having to learn all over again how to tweak Dellorto carbs. A little different from Bings.

1 person likes this

Posted

congrats.  Sounds like you getting closer!

Posted

At least it looks like a Kitfox now!

1 person likes this

Posted

Allen you need to remember this stuff we will have one for you to babysit real soon

Posted

Allen you need to remember this stuff we will have one for you to babysit real soon

You bring it down and I'll fly it and see how it ground loops and how it holds up for a thousand hours or so then you can have it back. Yes, I am a nice guy!

1 person likes this