Making engine mount for phaser

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Boy im thinking im hooked on the 2cyl yamaha conversion also instead of the 617/670 rotax swap when the time comes, by then the bugs will b all worked out, but we all better buy up the yamaha motors b4 the prices on them SKYROCKET.  

Spring is coming and the prices will b down durring summer. 

Dont worry about us squeezing the aftermarket for Yamaha engines. They make 100,000 to 200,000 snowmobiles a year......

Posted

Very true but a guy wants to POORBOY buy the donar sled, cause u probably not going get much for the rest of it around here anyways, guess hard to say.  After the articman snogo race in the hoodo mountains here the sleds here will drop in price some by close to half price. 

Does anyone mess with the 3cyl yamaha 4stroke motor yet? 

Posted (edited)

The most common conversions on the 3cyl are done by TangoGyro.  They are used in pusher configuration.  They do well there but FWIW I am not sold on how well it would do on a tractor because of the way they attach the gearbox to the engine (pto bearing retainer bolts).   

Look through their website and you'll see what I mean.

Edited by Yamma-Fox

Posted (edited)

Holy Jumping Jollopy!!!! U guys c the latest video on the Steve Henery Yamaha motor on the experimental channel?  They talkin differences between the RX1 and the Apex, at the end they talk price for one that Steve pulled from a sled for a customer and got it all setup for a highlander kit he sold,  about $23,000 for No Turbo, and add about another $20,000 for one with a Turbo? With almost 1000lbs of thrust, wow!! 

I think once the phazer conversion gets rolling there b alot of those swaps done to replace the 582/670. I know thats where im leaning now for the bluefox with the reading ive been doing.

(And ive got 6 complete rotax motors, 4 of them r extras)

And we think the prices wont go up within the next 2-3-5 yrs? Hahahahaaa everyone that someone c's cheap will get bought and resold for twice what he bought for i think, amd ur right the "scrapes" wont b worth anything cause the market will b flooded with them parts.  If ur pondering the swapover in the future look now i say, least a guy could ride the sled till pull motor out, ice fishing or something, i wouldnt want to get one stuck,id have to leave it till spring.  Hahahahahaaaaa

Edited by Buckchop
1 person likes this

Posted

Well i picked up a 07 phazer that fell of a forklift when guy was loadin it up on a pickup, super super cheap, hahahahaaaaa  she went BLAM perfectly upside down and got the top of everything, handle bars, gauge, top of cowlin, windsheild, right side ski and the leftside spindle.  Doing my resurch on the Phazer conversion and will do some parts stockin up.  
But as the sled is now its a perfect runner so id like to c if u all mayb have some phazer parts i can buy to repair this machine till its heart is reborn with wings. Hahahaahaaaa

1 person likes this

Posted

If ur pondering the swapover in the future look now i say, least a guy could ride the sled till pull motor out, ice fishing or something, i wouldnt want to get one stuck,id have to leave it till spring.  Hahahahahaaaaa

How do they do in sand?????  Ice fishing - the only ice I know about in fishing is the ice in my drink (hoping a stupid fish doesn't interrupt my enjoyment of that!) :lmao: