Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox IV measurements

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I’m currently building a garage and wonder what the LxWxH measurements of a Kitfox IV is with wings folded, especially the L. 

If possible, H on wheels and on floats.

The idea is in the future to be able to store the plane in it with wings folded.

Posted

Classic 4 on wheels with wings folded:

L = 21 feet 5.5 inches

W = 7 feet 11 inches

H = Tail down is 7 feet 5.5 inches to top of 3 blade prop.  With tail up 8 feet 4 inches to top of tail.

Posted

Many thanks!

The size of the inside of the garage is: L = 24’ 1”, W = 18’ 4”, H = 7’ 6”, which should be fine. The garage door size is W = 9’10” and H = 6’ 11”. Could it be possible to set the prop away from top position to come below 6’11” to move in the plane, first with the tail lowered and then the front with the prop away from top position (when the tail has passed the door and can be raised)?

I have a KF4 1050 with a 10” lower tail than the Classic 4.

Posted

The measurements I posted above are from a scale drawing of a classic 4 with stock tube landing gear.  I drew a 72 inch prop disk on this drawing.  With one blade of a 3 blade prop straight down the height of the other two blade tips looks to be about 6 feet.  That's with the tail up. Other landing gear types will probably result in slightly different measurements.

Anyhow, here's the drawings.

Hw1Xk0V.jpg

ffErRrS.jpg

Posted

Thanks again!

Wy didn’t I think of using that drawing myself :-)?

A great value of this forum is the possibility to soundboard with others, to get ones thinking straight and great advice.

I really appreciate your time on this. I will now go out to continue with panelling the garage.