Flap Lever

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Though you guys might be interested in my take on a flap lever detent, it's 3D printed from carbon fibre re-enforced polymer.

If anyone would like the files to print one let me know.

Ken

IMG_2046.JPG

4 people like this

Posted

How much would you charge to make me one? I dont have any way to print one.

Posted

As CloudDancer shows there are plenty of outfits that will print stuff for you, another is 3D Hubs. I would have to charge about £50 (Sterling) plus shipping to cover my time and materials. 

I will post the files into the Files section with some notes later today. 

Ken

1 person likes this

Posted

I like this. It looks great. Any possibility of adding two more flap positions? Between zero and half and another between half and full? I added two more positions to my homemade Zenith flap handle and made it much more usable. I known my Avid doesn't have a real big flap range anyways. Just thought I would ask. 

:BC:

Posted

Possible NorthIdahoAvidFlyer, if I get a moment I'll do it. No promises though, I'm a bit busy having fun:rolleyes:

Ken

2 people like this

Posted

Files now posted in the Files section

Ken

1 person likes this

Posted

OK NorthIdahoAvidFlyer it's raining here so I can't go flying so I've added a version with 5 positions which should result in 3 degree of flap per.

Ken

4 people like this

Posted

Ken,

Excellent design and great that you're so willing to modify and share! Thanks!!

Posted

KenKelso you rock!  I really appreciate it. Wish I had your abilities. Thanks again for sharing and being willing to make changes. 

Posted

awesome that you did this. i have a printer but dont trust plastic enough. But im planning on eventually finding something like a small car emergency brake or making something that gives me multiple flap options

Posted

I’m looking into having one printed for me.  I’ll let you guys know who I use and how much it cost me. Thanks again 

Posted

If you don’t trust plastic (polymers) then the files could be used to CNC machine the parts from aluminium. 

Ken

Posted

I wouldn't worry about the plastic.  There is almost no load on the plastic and if it were to fail, you are in the same situation you are now without the plastic.  I imaginr PLA would be more than strong enough but I would prefer something that can take a bit more heat.  Will this work on a Kitfox?  I haven't been in this game long enough to know the differences between the Kitfox and the AvidFlyer.

1 person likes this