Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lewiston Idaho, 28th & 29th

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Radials N’ Rivers.com  55 warbirds & showplanes commited.   June 28 & 29.  Come join us!

Edited by Logtrucker
1 person likes this

Posted

Planning to fly over for the event!

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope the weather is better than it’s been the last few days. 

Posted

Prolly not going to make it tomorrow. I re-gasketed my carbs, not really a rebuild, but replaced all o-rings and gaskets. When I put everything back together I have a rough idle when the airflow is balanced. I can get a relatively smooth idle when the airflow is unbalanced, but the major way to set multiple carbs up is for balanced airflow. The engine runs good at higher power. This tells me that one carb or the other is running too rich or too lean at idle. This proves out by the smoothing and worsening of idle when I mess with one choke or the other. I have re-checked needle position thinking I may have put a clip on the wrong spot but they are fine. I have been told not to mess with the idle mixture screws, just to set both to 1-1 1/2 turns out and if things are right they should not need to be independently adjusted. (I would like feedback on that if anyone does actually independently adjust the mixture screws). Other than that I guess I have to remove the carbs and see what if anything I can find. Sort of frustrating. Oh this is on my 912S.