Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New owners and paperwork.

9 posts in this topic

Posted

First time plane buyer here, The FAA website is like reading a dictionary. What is the process of transferring registration? tricks tips and a overview of how its done would be great. Complete newbie so any info no matter how trivial would be great.

Posted

Easy as can be. Fill out the new registration, and provide the bill of sale form, and it is yours. The pink carbon serves as a temp registration until the new one arrives, pretty quickly.

Here are the forms: https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/aircraft_certification/aircraft_registry/aircraft_regn_forms/

Airworthiness is even easier. The old paperwork is valid, keep the Airworthiness Certificate safe, and the operating limits pages. If the old owner turned it back in shoot him. You have to recreate the entire build package.

1 person likes this

Posted

wow my first post was vague. the aircraft is a Kitfox 1 32 of the 40 hours has been flown off. Current owner not able to finish the flight hours. Im sure that causes some problems.

Posted

If you can fly off the remaining phase one hours in the area that was specified, no problem.  If you are moving the plane to a different area, the FAA will have to assign you a new flight test area to fly off the rest of the hours.  When I had to do that on one plane, the local FISDO is the agency I dealt with.  Also, in addition to what Nick said, the seller has to fill out and  mail in the FAA post card to the FAA saying the registration is being transferred to you.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Don’t forget to file your state tax forms and pay the man. 

Posted

Minnesota somehow watches the FAA registrations, and they contact you once the registration goes into your name.  Not sure about other states.  JImChuk

Posted

NEW YORK! NORTH CAROLINA due

Posted

Idaho is watching too. They just sent me my annual state registration bill. 

Posted

Utah says right on their website that they do