Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid 582 schematic

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Im looking for schematics? I have an electronics problem.. basically you have to start the motor bypassing the switch. This was a known problem when i went to pick it up it was running.. he cut it off to talk and told me about the problem. I just tested the bendix switch (5 position turn start) and per the tests it seems good. But i just checked and strobes  etc dont turn on. There were two broken wires. One is a thin silver looking hard wire.. its pretty new. I think it goes to the tach of all things.. The master was disconnected, i reconnected after testing. I  think the owner was rewiring it when he decided to park it (he ground looped but didnt damage the plane and was going to have the owner put tricycle gear on it).
I think i should just rewire the whole thing from scratch but i know nothing about how these magneto motors work. Id appreciate anything close to a schematic. It has all the standard avionics.
Im also considering just dropping it off at the nearest a&p but im worried about the cost as imho the aviation industry is literally set up legally to rip pilots off. Should i do that? I know electronics but an aircrafts electronics is something you dont want to find out you oopsed on at 3000 feet :P

Posted (edited)

Here is the best source, the Rotax Installation Manual. see Chap 18 for the schematics and wire colors. All pretty simple. Page 18-2 has the exact color list.  https://www.cps-parts.com/cps/pdf/d00287.pdf

Simple answer: The key switch grounds the "mags" and prevents spark. The gray ("silver") wire is for the tach only (use a tiny tach, the regular analog tach is a POS).

Edited by nlappos
1 person likes this

Posted

Nlappos thanks man  forgot to say that earlier