Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If you were to buy a new plane, what would it be?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I am thinking either the Carbon Cub SS or Kit Fox?

S7 or the CC SS? Which one and why?

Posted

A Carbon Cub or 17 Avid Flyers, same price for either side of the discussion. I"ll take an Avid, thank you very much.

5 people like this

Posted

If I had no budget it would be Just aircraft Super stol for me.

2 people like this

Posted

Steve henry’s Highlander with the new edge performance Yamaha. I don’t like tandem seating because 90% of the joy of flying for me is taking others up....and you don’t quiet the same feeling tandem.

3 people like this

Posted

I've thought about that quite awhile. Always consider resale value, also. Which is easier to sell ( if it ever came to that), a 120K cub or a 45K Kitfox. The Carbon Cub is out of reach for the average joe. Where as the Kitfox is more affordable to a bigger group. No offense to Avid, but the Kitfox has a better and wider reputation for an affordable bush plane compared to the Cub.  Both are great aircraft, but folding wings appeal to a lot of pilots. Its your money so consider all options.

Posted

Stol King, mayb a Highlander, or just stick with multiple earlie model Kitfox's. Hahaaaa the fold up wing is damm hard to beat, 

the Carbon cubs r super nice but to spendy, there is one for sale in Anchorage for $244,000 its a 2013 model SS

Posted

The Back Country Super Cub or carbon Cub are great planes if you have the need to carry loads into short strips but having test flown a couple, dang I still really like flying the Avid MK IV .  Maybe a Highlander with the Yamaha, they can carry nice load and you can sleep in it if need be.  But hey I'm happy with my Avid.  Sure would like to have a Kitfox SS and Highlander for a couple of years to really get the feel of them both for a side by side comparison but no one has offered so far.  

2 people like this

Posted

if your going to drop the coin on a CC why not just find a good used cub, put 150k back in your pocket and turn that into the gas to burn for years to come exploring the country :dunno:

:BC:

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

if your going to drop the coin on a CC why not just find a good used cub, put 150k back in your pocket and turn that into the gas to burn for years to come exploring the country :dunno:

Or do this???

https://www.barnstormers.com/listing_images.php?id=1463089

Edited by Fly-n-Low

Posted

I plan in buying a kit and doing it myself. I have the skills.

2 people like this

Posted

particular-set-of-skills-taken.gif

1 person likes this