Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If you go into business with family

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Get a contract like you would with some shyster you didn't trust as far as you can throw them. Long story-short, I have been running the family business for almost 30 years. And now my siblings (mainly my broke a$$ brother) wants to sell out. So I am getting kinfuc..... er screwed and forced into retirement.

Just some advice I thought I would pass on.

I worked in and ran a composite production shop as well as worked building race boats and have tooling experience, so I guess that is where I am headed. Building a shop with a hanger on the end.... I already have a 1,200' strip. So I may come up with some interesting projects. I always wanted to do a cold air mod on my Avid. Wingtips, slats, who knows.

2 people like this

Posted

I get it.. sounds like you might turn into a new go to guy for cowlings, seats etc for the avids if you get your fiberglass shop up and running!  Affordable belly pods would be a big hit I think!

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Well that is a difficult situation for sure, but sometimes its mayb a blessing in discise. The parts fabrication would b good and got to admite b fun,  bellypod, and wing slats, wouldb a big seller, heck id love a bellypod for a model 1. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks guys. Too bad I didn't see this. I've invested several 100ks in equipment. Of course I can sell it, but for a loss.

(thumping myself in the head) Wow, I could have had a Carbon Cub... :blink: