Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need Kitfox 4 912 rotax firewall pictures

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all, I'm back working on my Kitfox 4 rebuild again.  I hung the engine so I could figure how to make the firewall so it wouldn't hit anything that has to be there.  Where I'm seeing an issue is where the firewall will get close to the starter on the bump out for the rudder pedals.  If someone could show a picture of theirs from the side showing how close the firewall gets to the starter that would help me out.  Or for that matter, the angle and distance out of the top of the bump out in relation to the top section of the firewall.  I have the Kitfox style mount that uses the four arms that bolt to the sides of the engine.  Thanks,  JImChuk

Posted

For both my Avid and my friends KF. IV with 912 uls we had to cut off the back if the starter casting that had a bolt hole.  To remove the starter will require removal of the engine from the firewall.  I will see if I can get pictures of my buddy's KF today but I may not be able to, I think that it is still masked for some painting operations and he is in Israel for an other week so it maybe a while before I can get some pictures.

Posted

Jim he has it wrapped up tight and I don't feel right about unwrapping it.  I will get you pictures as soon as he gets back.

Posted

Thanks Paul, you tried and I appreciate that.  Couple of guys on the "other site"  put up a few pics for me, so I think I'll muddle through.  One just went under the starter, which I'm guessing is standard, the other put a small notch in the bump out where the starter was.  I probably should make up a temporary one that misses the starter, and see if my feet hit it when I work the pedals.  That's really all that maters I would say.  JImChuk

Posted

I’m doing a 912 FWF upgrade on my bird. I could use some pics to see how the install looks.

thanks