Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cloquet MN Flyin 2019

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Annual EAA 1221 Birthday Fly-in/Drive in- Cloquet, Minnesota (KCOQ)

Saturday March 16th from 10:00-2:00 pm

Cloquet-Carlton County Airport (KCOQ)

Address:

125 Wheaton Rd

Cloquet, Mn 55720

Food and birthday cake will be served in the Airport Terminal Building

Posted

Whats the average temperature up there this time of year??

Posted

Average high is 33, average low is 10. Got up to maybe 35 today.  Just got back in town on Wednesday, and have been moving snow like crazy.  I have nearly 10' high snowbanks in my yard.  Good thing I have the front end loader.  I would never have gotten plowed back to the hangar with the pickup.  It's probably all of 2 1/2' deep on the fields.  Supposed to get another 6" or more tonight.   Went to work packing the runway today with the snowmobile.  Still have to smooth it, but at least I got it knocked down mostly.  Got stuck with the sled a bunch of times trying to turn around at the far end.  I think that sled is at least 100 lbs heavier then I remember it being.  Mark, is there a ski landing site at the flyin?  JImChuk

111.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Welcome back Jim. The northwest corner of the airport has a long history of grass and ski operations offset from each of the paved runways. Looking good for me to fly in on skis this year again.

Posted

272.1 Nautical miles from me. Might be a bit far for me this time of year.

Posted

Welcome back Jim. The northwest corner of the airport has a long history of grass and ski operations offset from each of the paved runways. Looking good for me to fly in on skis this year again.

Yes, I've landed there on the grass, just wasn't sure if it was groomed in the winter.  JImChuk

Posted

272.1 Nautical miles from me. Might be a bit far for me this time of year.

I understand how that can go, would guess work issues are ramping up pretty good around now for you.

Posted

More so just because I'm getting older and turning into a wussy. The little Jabiru doesn't make much heat and i get cold ha.

Posted

Weather is looking fantastic for tomorrow. I understand extra pulled pork etc has been ordered. :o)

Posted

Unfortunately, something unforeseen has come up and I won't be able to make it today. Have fun!

Posted

So how was it Guys?  Looks like you had nice weather.

Posted

I didn't make it either.  Some how I missed the conditional inspection for the plane, and my AnP helped me out this afternoon.  I did end up flying for a bit over an hour this evening though....