Edited by Matthewtanner
1 person likes this

Posted

Well I can see its an avid.

Magnum?

Posted

Mk4. Wings need flaperon hanger repair and cover...and motor

Posted

Looks stretched from that angle. If that fuse is stretched, go straight for the 912 and don't look back! 

Posted (edited)

For my mission it’s hard to justify a 912. Though I’d do a phazer if it where further along

Edited by Matthewtanner

Posted

Here are the wings with broken flaperon hangar. Gonna have to figure out how I’m gonna fix it, I have this good rib to make something work.

67E4073F-B92B-4977-B827-C89F85CC6AC7.png

2C11ADAF-4324-4DFF-8194-FAD4318870DB.png

1FAB93C3-6FAC-4A81-9807-DB448F429367.png

Posted

Here are two options.  Another way would be to glue on two 1/4" pieces of plywood on either side of the broken rib.  Glue the broken off rib tail on as well.  Cut out just enough on each of the new pieces of plywood to leave room for the flaperon hanger to attach.  Here is a  post describing and showing how I used the first pictured fix.  If you look further you will see and example of how the two plywood pieces looked.   That way is probably the easiest, but it will always show.  JImChuk

www.avidfoxflyers.com/index.php?/topic/3373-broken-rib-tail-repair/#comment-25491

Photo0653.jpg

Photo0655.jpg

Posted

I plan on delaminating both ribs, and sliding the good hanger in. I need more heat I think than what my wife’s hair dryer can provide. What varnish goes on after?

Posted

I have a $20 heat gun, but you have to be careful to not get the wood to hot as well.  Epoxy varnish is good cause the MEK in the poly fiber products wont desolve it.  JImChuk

Posted

Looks stretched from that angle. If that fuse is stretched, go straight for the 912 and don't look back! 

Hello,

Are there any write ups on the fuselage mods for these (ie: stretching and other improvements)?