Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Prop for a 532 in the Rockies.

10 posts in this topic

Posted

What affordable prop do I need for a 532 rotax  

Posted

The prop companies have the computer software to work out exactly what you need. Depends a lot on the engine and gearbox ratio. I have a Warp Drive and love it, IVO is great, so is Kiev Props, and I had a wood Culver that was really nice. 

Here is a list of many of them:  https://www.pilotmix.com/aviation-resources/propeller-manufacturers

1 person likes this

Posted

Keep your eyes open on barnstormers.  Deals come along every once in a while.  2 blade 66-68" ground adjustable will be fine, IVO would even say a 3 blade up to 68".  The Avids with 532 came with a Perry 71" X ?? wood fixed pitch from the factory.   There is a 2 blade Warp drive on barnstormers right now that has never been used for $425, but it's a right hand.  You need a left hand.  If you don't need it right away, watch and a deal will come along.  Otherwise you will spend more and it will sit on the shelf collecting dust till you need it.  You can also run a wanted add on barnstormers, and maybe that will shake one loose that was just hanging on a wall somewhere.  JImChuk

2 people like this

Posted

Great info guys. Always appreciated. The site is an amazing resource. 

Posted

There are some pretty smart fellas on this site. Most have made the same dumb mistakes as others and not afraid to admit it either. I sure have made my share in my homebuilding career. Experience is a great teacher, sometimes tuition is costly, too. Most homebuilders will have a master's degree in "going dumb" on occasion. No offense, but if you haven't made a few errors, you haven't built anything.

2 people like this

Posted

I had a Power Fin once. Never flew with it but it was a beautiful prop And would not be afraid to fly behind one.

1 person likes this

Posted

GSC Systems in Vernon, B.C. makes really nice ground adjustable. With the US-CAD exchange it should be almost free for you.:lmao:

Posted

GSC Systems in Vernon, B.C. makes really nice ground adjustable. With the US-CAD exchange it should be almost free for you.:lmao:

I have two GSC props that came with it. Both have a bad blade. 

Posted

They can probably fix them for cheap. Worth a call.

Posted

Called GSC and all I need is one new blade and I should have a good prop. About 200 bucks roughly.