582 Engine Mount/Isolator

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi All,

Looking for a part number and where to buy some new rubber isolators for my rotax 582. 

Thanks in advance.

Pat

Posted

Are you referring to the Lord mounts and snubber washers? I had to track some down for my airplane but I have no idea if my engine mount is a factory design or not since I didn't build it. This link will get you to the manufacturers home page and from there you can browse to the mount your in need of. Take the part number from there and then hunt around for a reasonable priced vendor. Most I contacted either wanted to secure a large order or had crazy high prices for small orders. Some tried to gouge me with the shipping. Link here: https://www.lord.com/products-and-solutions/vibration-and-motion-control/industrial/isolators

Since there are four holding my motor in the engine mount, I divided the total weight (engine, muffler carbs etc.) hanging off my Lord mounts by 4 and used that as a starting point to find a rubber with the load bearing capacity I needed. Then you get into the flex desired to weed out vibration and pick. I was toying with the idea of using a mix of two different density rubber compounds to help snub vibrations occurring from more than one engine setting such as one rubber  for idle and another for cruise rpm. You could stagger the different density mounts in a side to side pattern or a front to back pattern or a bilateral pattern depending on what vibration pattern, engine torque pattern or static weight distribution on the individual 4 mounts. I ended up getting 4 all the same but I may play with these if I have vibration or torque issues. If you think you have a bad mount it's best to replace them all. They do have a shelf life and if one's bad the others may not be far behind. Steer clear of used parts vendors or items listed as new old stock. The clock starts ticking the day these compounds are poured into the moulds. Fresh is best.

Posted

if it is the newer dyna mount with the 2 cheek radiators they are LORD H-6140.  Leadingedgeairfoils.com has them $12.75 each.