Mark IV Cowlings

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Avid Flyers,

I am getting ready to place an order from my fiberglass shop for upper and lower Mark IV cowlings. If I can get 10 people to commit to purchasing a set, I can take $100 off each order. The discounted price would be $725 for a gel coated set. Feel free to email me at mmendick@avidkitplanes if interested or post below. There have been a few customers in the past year who asked if I sell cowlings and I will be reaching out to them as well. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Tailwinds,

Mark - Avid Aircraft

Posted

What shop are you purchasing from? Is it the guy in Montana? That’s where I got my MKIV cowl, but I heard he had retired and wondered what was going to happen to the molds. 

If he is still in business (super nice guy) just be sure to have him lay them up thin. He is a boat builder.  A few parts he made for me were too heavy to use. Price was so good I never said a word, because I was able to repair the originals and it was still a great deal overall for what I did use that he made.

but seriously if it is the guy in Montana who has (had) the molds, make sure you tell him light layup is what u want. Light to us is flimsy to him and he wants to make sure you get nothing flimsy!