Another RFI, this time about coms

8 posts in this topic

Posted

So I don’t have a radio, but now that I’m up and flying, I plan on maybe going to a handheld victor, however, I’m flying with no radio and want to add an intercom because you can hear anything once that 582 gets to screaming. So...what’s the cheapest way to add an intercom and ptt through a handheld?

Posted

I went with this Flightcom intercom. I mounted it to the floor. It has PPT and Aux inputs. If you look around you can find them cheap. Check Ebay. Mine works great.

IIsx.jpg

Posted

That’s the one I was looking at, can you confirm with just this box two people can talk to each other just by plugging into the box? I imagine I’ll get a radio later, but for now just burning holes in the sky on my personal grass strip all I need is to talk to my passenger

Posted

Yes, When I got mine, I took two headsets and connected them to the intercom. The wife and I were able to talk with just the headsets and no radio plugged into the intercom. When you buy a radio you will have to buy the patch cord from the radio to the outputs on the intercom and you will want a single plug PPT cord to run to the stick. Love mine once I got the engine noise suppressed. 

Posted (edited)

I just bought one of those, ordered it from ACS and was only $96.20 and $9.20 to ship it.  And i can check that to b sure but belive it does, and they say u can hook music up to it with a plug from ur phone/ or other music sorce to the unit  

image.jpeg

Edited by Buckchop

Posted

Mine has an aux plug for music input.

Posted

About the best I have used is the Comtronics system. It worked great in my challenger because of the noise. It has a hot milke between pilot and pass and PTT for the radio if installed or used. I've tried Flightcom, Sigtronics, and a couple others and all failed the passenger test. Any VOX system isn't very good in a high noise environment. I got the T shirt, coffee mug, sticker and a few hundred dollars less to find out. Lynx is probably the best, but I couldn't afford them.

Posted

Yes this will work without a radio, or with one, 

yes u can plugin aux music into it,

and it can also record ur chat if u plug a recorder in to it, 

dont know about noise cancelation yet, puttin new windsheild in at moment.