Avid Aircraft Parts List

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Avid Flyers,

Below you will find the current list of readily available Avid parts that we offer. I concede that with the small size of my workforce and the immense amount of parts orders, I would be a fool to continue to offer complete kits at this time. This would not only slow down parts orders, but also force me to put a very long lead time on kits. I realize that trying to restart this business is more than just getting kits out the door again and service to past, loyal customers needs to come first. People are more than welcome to inquire about other parts, but my main focus will be on the items below. I will continually add to the list as inventory builds up and hope that this simplified Avid Aircraft parts business will help bring the company back to full scale production in a more customer focused approach. I will also be changing my website in the coming days to reflect this new business position. A parts list with price sheet will be displayed on the site for transparency to all.

In parts order news, we were able to engineer an aluminum fuel thank with a profile that fits both the STOL and Speedwing configurations. The location and size is very similar to the fiberglass Avid tanks (roughly 34" long and takes the place of the ribs at the wing root – the install will be nearly the same as well). I am very happy with how it turned out and have been testing the fit-up and integrity on a spare set of wings at the factory. I know there have been some Avid owners that say aluminum is not the way to go but so far, we have been impressed with it. As soon as we prove out the design as equal to or better than the fiberglass tank, it will be added to the list of parts we offer. BONUS…as you all know… ethanol will not eat through this tank and it only weighs 2lbs more than the fiberglass tank!!

Many people have asked about cowlings and wing tanks - both being fiberglass parts. I have tried going through two fiberglass companies in the past 6 months to make tanks and cowls using Avid's original molds. Unfortunately, both companies fell short, unable to create quality parts with issues ranging from leaky tanks to inconsistent material thickness. I am reaching out to anyone in the Midwest who might have a reputable fiberglass company we could be put in contact with. Unless we use the aluminum tanks, we are unable to offer wing kits until this gets resolved.

I want to thank all of those who have placed orders and many of the inspiring stories and pictures sent to us this past year. Your contributions have inspired me to continue on in this adventure, despite many road blocks along the way. With the first year in the books, we look forward to improving on our shortcomings and better serving the Avid community in the years to come.

Tailwinds,

Mark

Avid Aircraft

Available parts:

Flaperon (Right or Left)

Jury Struts (pair)

Transportation Kit

Rotax 912 Engine Mount

Jabiru Engine Mount

Wing Struts (pair)

STOL/Speedwing Ribs & Butt Ribs

Speedwing Extension Kit

Shock Cord Kit

Mark IV Belly Pan

F7A Modified Bellcrank

Windshield

Edited by neflyer15
6 people like this

Posted

Mark,  glad to hear you are still pushing ahead!  It's Great to have Avid up and running again!  Has and will help many Flyers out when parts are needed in the future.

Thanks again for my Speedwing Kit and F7a Bellcranks....still haven't had a chance to work on them though...:(.  Best Wishes To You & Avid!!  Cheers Randy 

Posted

Thats an impressive parts list keep it up.

Posted

Sorry to hear I can't get a cowl at the moment. Anyone out there with an unused Mark IV cowl for sale? Anyone got an old broken cowl still laying around that I could repair? If I can't find one I will make one from scratch if I have to. My airplane is serial number 270, has the double radiator setup and a 582 gray head. Unable to contact previous owner to locate missing parts. Photo below to show what I'm trying to wrap a cowl around. 

Thanks,

Brad

denison flyer.jpg

Posted

Is there a price list somewhere? Most curious about speedwing extensions

Posted

Hello,

I'm restauring 2 avid simultanously, and I'm searching several parts such as :

*a set of aluminium tube, flaperons, tanks for the construction of a new set of stol wings. 

*a rotax 582 engine mount

*a pair of propellers for a rotax 582 or their coordonate in order to build a new one.

Best regards

Emmanuel

Posted

Where are you located?  JImChuk

Posted

how much are the speedwing extention kits?

Posted

I am looking for a 582 rotax grey head mount for an early Avid Flyer. Or a set of plans so I can build one. Thanks

Posted

I sent you a PM.  JImChuk

Posted

I know its a post from years ago but do you have the 912 mount?

Posted

He is taking "a break".

Best to you. Might try Barak Langsford.

Rick