News about Ed (EDMO)

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all, just got off the phone with Ed, he has been going through a rather tough time with cancer.  He has been on radiation treatments and he told me today that 3 of the 4 spots had gone away, and now they were doing more radiation on the last spot.  Seems that it has left him very weak though, and he said he had lost 40 lbs of muscle.  He was happy that we were concerned about him, and asked that I let you all know this.  He said he hasn't been on the computer for a couple of weeks, and his brain is pretty foggy.  He did sound real good, and coherent, so that was very nice.  Hopefully he can rejoin our group soon.  It would be nice if we could somehow make a get well card for him with everyone signing it that wanted to.  I know it would brighten his day.  Not sure how that can be done with a computer though.  I could print it and snail mail it to him if someone could figure out how to do it.  Maybe just a message thread that everyone quotes the previous poster, and then I print the last one after a week or so.  Then everyone go back and delete their original post?  Suggestions welcome!  JImChuk

5 people like this

Posted

Hi all, just got off the phone with Ed, he has been going through a rather tough time with cancer.  He has been on radiation treatments and he told me today that 3 of the 4 spots had gone away, and now they were doing more radiation on the last spot.  Seems that it has left him very weak though, and he said he had lost 40 lbs of muscle.  He was happy that we were concerned about him, and asked that I let you all know this.  He said he hasn't been on the computer for a couple of weeks, and his brain is pretty foggy.  He did sound real good, and coherent, so that was very nice.  Hopefully he can rejoin our group soon.  It would be nice if we could somehow make a get well card for him with everyone signing it that wanted to.  I know it would brighten his day.  Not sure how that can be done with a computer though.  I could print it and snail mail it to him if someone could figure out how to do it.  Maybe just a message thread that everyone quotes the previous poster, and then I print the last one after a week or so.  Then everyone go back and delete their original post?  Suggestions welcome!  JImChuk

We could do an E Card Some one would just have to type everyones name that wants to be on it. I would sign it for sure.

5 people like this

Posted

Count me in

Fred

Posted

THANKS TO ALL OF AFF, Jim, Doug, and others who have shared concerns.  You make me feel better having you as an extended, caring, family.  I am weak, but they tell me that a recovery day is coming someday.  I have more tests in November and I will try to give you some info by December.  Too shaky to type.  E-CARD IS A NICE GESTURE, but your posts are enough, really Thanking all of you.  Stay tuned, ;<)  edmo

11 people like this

Posted

Wow!  great getting a post from you Ed, glad you were up to it.  Keep fighting, and check in on us as often as you can.  We do miss you.  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Great to hear from you ED!  Hang in there and keep pushing through!  We're cheering you on and praying for ya! Look forward to some posts in the near future.....Randy 

1 person likes this

Posted

Get well Ed,get back here soon as you can

Posted

Get well ED we still like to read your posts.

Posted

ED, Wishing you a speedy recovery. Your contributions are missed.

Brooks

Posted

Ed, great to see you back on line! Speedy recovery please, we are missing you!

Regards
Fred

Posted

Hi Ed,

I sure don't envy your position right now, but you are one tough guy and I envy that. Wishing you the best possible outcome and try to check in a bit more often if that is possible, or even have someone type for you. We care about you.

Chris

1 person likes this

Posted

Ed,

Glad to see you back, even if briefly.  Keep up the good fight!

Mark

Posted

Ed,

Thinking of you often and so glad to see your post. Hoping that your "recovery day" comes very soon!!

God bless.

Rob

Posted

Glad to hear from you Ed. We are thinking of you.

Posted

Hey Ed,

I'm so glad you popped in and are holding your own. We sure do miss you around here and look forward to that recovery day just as much as you. Next time you get a bit down, just thank your lucky stars you don't live on the NC/SC coast right about now. What a gawd awful mess that Florence is going to cause for the next several weeks. My son and his G/F dragged both his motorcycles up the stairs to their second floor before evacuating Wilmington on Wed. for -where else- Walt Disney World, lol. Our Avid buddy Snaps is riding it out up near Pamilco Sound and I just saw the storm surge is already over 10' with wind gusts of 100mph by his house. I told him to batten down the hatches and stock up on beer yesterday and he sent me a pic of his shop fridge (below). Pretty safe to say, he's gonna be floating one way or another oh my! 

Take care and keep in touch, 

Doug

image.jpeg

2 people like this

Posted

Ed, All the best! Hope everything works out!

Posted

He should have one of these draft systems I made at work . Plenty of taps for beer and at night someone migjt think twice seeing a sillohette of a missile pointing out.20180907_114842.thumb.jpg.3c6eadc1a926cb

Posted

Fight on, Ed!  We need your wit, wisdom, and adventurous spirit.

1 person likes this

Posted

keep up the fight mr.  your old foxy needs to get in the air one day soon!  

:BC:

2 people like this

Posted

Your a tough SOB Ed!   I remeber you've been through a lot in this life, but maybe that was all special training for this big fight right now.

This one's been extra tough but I'm not worried!   See ya back here soon!

1 person likes this