Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sonex Tail dragger

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys

I've been looking at a new project aircraft and I'm thinking about the sonex Tail dragger with the aerovee and as there are only a handful of them flying in the UK and I wanted to see what you guys think of them ? 

Richard

Posted

On paper they appear great,I will be giving a sonex a real hard look when I am looking for a faster plane for those big flyaways 

my only concern is leg room(I have still to try one for size)there is a seat mod for more room.There is a 912 adapter mod which would be a great improvement over the aerovee

Sonex,  there appears to be two camps love em or hate em.

There is an active forum last time I looked,they should be able to get you an intro to a local enthusiest.

Posted

i have flown in a Sonex a couple of times. Although low wing fast planes are not my thing, they fly like a dream and the controls are so tight and right that it made me smile just to fly it. A real dream to fly and nothing like the Avids fly. If one could have the Sonex control feel in an Avid it would be one very special plane. 

And have you ever looked at the Sonex drawings? Absolutely second to none. Light years beyond any other drawing set for an airplane. The thing is ENGINEERED like really engineered and incredibly well documented.

Posted

Hi guys 

Thanks for responding, the aircraft is already build and flying but loss of medical forces the sale but the panel isn't that great so not a big project and it's a good deal. I love flying the avid and have done for 4 years so won't be selling her BUT I have a sports crusier that I don't really fly that much but should do, decisions decisions.  

Posted

I'v only been in a sonex twice but loved it. Never been in one with a vw but I'm sure there fun too.