Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

582 grey head

4 posts in this topic

Posted

what is a zero time grey head 582 worth? And if i rebuild, what should i do to it during rebuild?

Posted

Just a couple of days ago, I took a never run grey head in to a local shop that does my work.  I told them to put in new seals and gaskets, and do a complete inspection of the engine inside and out.  As far as worth, that probably depends on whether you are asking a buyer or sellor.  New blue head is $5612 in my new LEAF catalog with no gearbox.  That adds another $1000-$2000 onto the price.  Add more for the B box with electric start.  Interestlngly, they no longer show a C gearbox for sale.  Just the B and E.  JImChuk

Posted

what is a zero time grey head 582 worth? And if i rebuild, what should i do to it during rebuild?

A Rebuilt, Zero Time motor is going to be probably 1/3 less than a Brand New Motor. New 582's are around $5200-$5400 on Avg. Does your Grey Head 582 have the Ceramic Water Pump Seal update? Runout/High Hour 582's usually cost around $1500-$2000 depending on condition. Gear Drives/Electric Start Setups are usually 50% of New. You will have to shop around for Rebuild Prices they very. I would recomend Rotax Rick in Flordia. If you want more HP, you can swap over your 582 Dual Ignition to a 670. You also had the upgrade of the Grey Head to the Blue Head, IF, you have had no problems in the Type of Flying you do with it, it will work fine. If you Rebuild it, make sure if it doesn't have the Ceramic Water Pump Seal to have that done. I would also use the Ceramic Top Coated Pistons with the Moly Coated Sidewalls. I would take it one Step further and also have the Head Combustion Chambers, Cylinder Exhaust Ports, Wye Pipe, all Ceramic Coated, you can Reduce your over All Temps by 20%. If you Ceramic Coat the Exhaust also it will last longer.

CERAMIC COATED vs NON COATED.jpg

CERAMIC PISTON COATING TEST.jpg

ROTAX 582UL WYE PIPE CERAMIC 1.jpg

Rotax 277 Head Ceramic Coated..jpg

Posted

was or Is the grey head still for sale? Thanks Bob