Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Attn: Canadian forum members

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone north of the border, I need some info/help please.

I need to move a KF6 upper/lower cowl set from Ottawa to upstate NY, regular Freight co.'s want two gonads to move this.
Greyhound Shipping doesn't offer cross border shipping so that is out (dimensions are too big anyway, I believe)
Anyone passing thru Ottawa down US 81S anytime soon that is willing to pick up and meet me in Syracuse for a handoff?
Anyone near Ottawa going to OSH this year that is willing to drag this out to OSH for a handoff?

I am open to any help or suggestions that can get this cowl to me without breaking the bank. I can cross the border to pick up in Niagara Falls, Ontario Canada if that helps.
Thanks!

Posted

Damn, I am on the west coast...too far to help you

Posted

Im on the west coast as well, sorry,you probably are trying  the kitfox site as well

Posted (edited)

Doug,  If you nestle the two halves together, it should not be too big for Greyhound - I got a Magnum set of boot cowls thru Greyhound in a huge box.  What about UPS or USPS, (Canada PS)?  I know that USPS charges an extra $50 for oversize packages, which puts them near the UPS rates.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hey Ed, hope the headaches are better. I think the max for Greyhound shipping may be different in Canada, I was told 84"Lx24"Wx40"H. According to the seller, the 24" dimension poses a problem.

Posted (edited)

Hey Ed, hope the headaches are better. I think the max for Greyhound shipping may be different in Canada, I was told 84"Lx24"Wx40"H. According to the seller, the 24" dimension poses a problem.

Thanks Doug,  Yes headaches are better - tinnitus is not.  I would have to measure my box, but sure it is more than 24" square.  Aren't there some kind of boats coming across the Lake from Canada to you?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO