Triangle Side Windows

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys 

I want to put similar side triangle windows on my Model C that is found on the Mark IVs .  I would appreciate a photo or two of what the installed window looks like close up. I understand my install may be different given mounting features.   

Thanks in advance !

Philip

Posted (edited)

Hey guys 

I want to put similar side triangle windows on my Model C that is found on the Mark IVs .  I would appreciate a photo or two of what the installed window looks like close up. I understand my install may be different given mounting features.   

Thanks in advance !

Philip

Phillip,  I wish I knew if late model Kitfox aluminum triangle windows would fit your C - They fit the early model 1-4 Kitfoxes too.  I have a new, unused, pair that I would sell for half of new price, whatever that is.  EDMO 

Edited by EDMO

Posted

About the best pic I have. Fasteners on the fwd pillar. Turtledeck holds it down on the rear half. Lexan is riveted in.

52E03D6C-B533-47A4-B5FD-4D1EAD2A6A16.jpeg

Posted

Joey,  Can you get to the inside of the fuselage tubes to measure all 3 sides for me?  Thanks, EDMO

Posted

Yes sir but headed to Kauai Hawaii tomorrow for 6 days. 

Posted

Yes sir but headed to Kauai Hawaii tomorrow for 6 days. 

And I am sitting here in wet 40 degree weather and waiting for Spring to come about April 15 or later!  I am jealous, but hope you have a fun trip.  Thanks,  EDMO

Posted

Thanks guys and safe travel Joey! Any pics from the inside would be great to have as well. 

Posted

This is what I found in my rebuild photo folder... there is nothing really complicated with the triangle window. In mine it was a fiber glass frame that you cover and fold the tissue/oratex around... On the right sided window, upper left corner (ok, triangle, upper corner...) you see the the corner of the uncovered fiber glass frame. You can make the frame in any thin material that is easy to cover.
Hope it helps...
Fred

Triangle window Avid.jpg

Posted

Make your patterns with poster board first then trace it it thin aluminum cut and you have a window. Very easy you can do it. I Just cut a small piece of lexan and silicone it in the inside with a few aluminum rivets. Good to go.

100_0999.JPG

100_1036.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey guys 

Thanks in advance !

Philip

Phillip,  I wish I knew if late model Kitfox aluminum triangle windows would fit your C - They fit the early model 1-4 Kitfoxes too.  I have a new, unused, pair that I would sell for half of new price, whatever that is.  EDMO 

EDMO,

I'll take them if nobody else wants them.

Posted (edited)

Hey guys 

Thanks in advance !

Philip

EDMO,

Good - Can you check with Kitfox for a price for a pair with aluminum frames?  I am having terrible headaches and ringing in ears from radiation - Just don't feel like doing any more than I have to right now.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

Hey guys 

Thanks in advance !

Philip

EDMO,

Good - Can you check with Kitfox for a price for a pair with aluminum frames?  I am having terrible headaches and ringing in ears from radiation - Just don't feel like doing any more than I have to right now.  EDMO

Will call KF tomorrow.