Solid Lexan Turtle Deck

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Where can a Avid enthusiast find a sold lexan turtle deck for Avid C Model?  Check out the video.

Edited by lv2plyguitar

Posted

Update....I saw on a previous post that a Kitfox 4 lexan turtle deck can be trimmed to fit the Avid Mark 4 / Model C.  Can anyone clarify that's the case?

Thanks

Posted

Most are home made I believe.  Polycarbonite can be bent in a brake without breaking it.  NOT plexiglass though.  JImChuk

Posted (edited)

You can always use aluminum sides with the flat Lexan riveted or bolted over the top of them.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Mission Accomplished.  Kitfox wanted $440.00 that included shipping.  CAC wanted 385.00 local.  Got it done locally by image plastics for $175.00.

IMG_3963.JPG

Edited by lv2plyguitar
2 people like this

Posted

Looks great at an attractive price, thanks for sharing.

Posted

Are they willing to make another one? I would be game for purchasing one for my Avid?

Posted

Absolutely.  Shipping would probably be 100 bucks from Alaska. My plane is a model C.  They can use mine as a jig.  You should cut your own slots for flaperon and drill the holes for attach points.

Posted

Are they willing to make another one and send it to the UK?

Posted

Are they willing to make another one and send it to the UK?

I would be interested as well if you get one 

Posted (edited)

Guess I may be one of the "cheap builders" - That seems like it is still a high price to pay for something you can quickly make?  A piece of 4'x4' Lexan and a couple of 1" aluminum angles bought locally and a few bolts or rivets wont cost you over $60, or so, or you could just bend the Lexan and not need the angles, bolts or rivets.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
2 people like this

Posted

Guess I may be one of the "cheap builders" - That seems like it is still a high price to pay for something you can quickly make?  A piece of 4'x4' Lexan and a couple of 1" aluminum angles bought locally and a few bolts or rivets wont cost you over $60, or so, or you could just bend the Lexan and not need the angles, bolts or rivets.  EDMO

Lol For me it would go just like everything else does

Why Pay 8 bucks for something you can build for 200 ha

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Lol For me it would go just like everything else does

Why Pay 8 bucks for something you can build for 200 ha

Me too!  Still kicking my ass for not buying a nosedragger Kitfox 5 or Avid kit back in '97 - Would have cost less and have more value than my scratch-built, and lots more flying hours on it since then - But it has been fun trying to build my own, while flying other planes!  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this