Our Website is Live

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

We finally got around to building our website

If you guys get bored and need to see what I have been up to the last few years enjoy.

You can like us on face book too, I don't know how to use facebook yet but I'll get her.

http://larsenconstructionllc.com/

Edited by TJay
1 person likes this

Posted

Very nice TJay.  Looks like you guys do some real nice work!  JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Nice work TJay - Was a little disappointed that there is not one photo of a hanger.  Guess not many calls or much profit in assembling them?  ;<)   My old house probably sold for about $10K or $12K in 1964, and I think I have about $160K in it including rebuilding and the shop and small shed (about $35K in concrete work) since I bought it in 2005.  Insurance says $220K to replace all of it - guess that is way below what is being built today, but at least I don't have those big payments every month, (or the money to pay them!). Ha!  Ready mix concrete was $12 a yard when I poured it in 1964, and the last I poured was $200 a yard with colored being $400 a yard - Times and prices have really changed.  My 1964 Chevy convertible was $2700 new, not much more than my 1954 Convertible cost.  BTW:  My starting pay in the Army was 11 cents an hour plus room an board in 1959, or about $78 a month before Social Security and taxes were taken out of it.   Just some ancient history for those who didn't live then. EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

Good work.  Contractors most often put very little effort into that sort of thing but I think it will pay.  Though we've given up for now, a few months back we had decided to move 60 miles down the road into more open country and build.  In the end we never could find a piece of ground that wasn't covered with outlandish CCRs so we gave it up.  In looking for a builder we finally found one after cruising neighborhoods and peeking in windows.  They were retiring and taking no new work.  Others I could tell from a lifetime in electrical construction didn't measure up plumb you know?  The photos in our gallery would prompt negotiations thats for sure.  

2 people like this

Posted

Spec house looks great, what's the listing price? I also liked the bed option in the one home theatre in your pic gallery, makes me wonder what the owners favorite choice of media content might be lol.

2 people like this

Posted

Good work.  Contractors most often put very little effort into that sort of thing but I think it will pay.  Though we've given up for now, a few months back we had decided to move 60 miles down the road into more open country and build.  In the end we never could find a piece of ground that wasn't covered with outlandish CCRs so we gave it up.  In looking for a builder we finally found one after cruising neighborhoods and peeking in windows.  They were retiring and taking no new work.  Others I could tell from a lifetime in electrical construction didn't measure up plumb you know?  The photos in our gallery would prompt negotiations thats for sure.  

Smart move, I also refuse to buy anywhere that has any CCR's above the county/state/city requirements.  There is always some *sshole in a neighborhood association that makes it his/her job to decide if everyone else is in compliance or not.  If anyone wants to decide what I do or don't do with the property I paid for, they can buy it.  There is always a price I'll sell it for!

Mark

Posted (edited)

If only it were that easy. I have a friend who put a nice strip on his 15+ acre home parcel out in the stix. Always used the 'courtesy' approach and departure philosophy over the thruway end 2 times a year to store his Maule over the winter (he has a super nice double hangar at the local airport for his other planes). One prick neighbor a few homes down said he caused his old horse to have a nervous breakdown or something and petitioned the town board to have him shut it down. And the a$$hats did just that. You can see the hose barn in the satellite pic, it isn't even anywhere near the flight path. A year later the horse dies and, armed with ok's from the other neighbors, friend petitions to reopen his strip. The ONLY person at the hearing to oppose was the horse prick who once again prevails. Fukin spineless little power is a dangerous thing nitwits on the part time appeals board refused. So he sold his property in a rather short but arms length transaction and now the town gets a whole lot less tax revenue from the parcel.

image.png

Edited by dholly

Posted

Don't get me started,we have them here too:(

Posted

TJ, the web site looks great, you are way ahead of your peers.  If I was looking to build in Iowa, that web site would at least get you the opportunity to bid. 

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Good site TJay - If I could, or would, move up to snow country, you would be first on my list. 

BTW:  On the SOBs who screw up country airstrips - There was a woman who had a house right next to the North final approach at one airport where I kept my planes - she took photos of every plane she thought flew too low on final and bitched constantly to FAA - Guess FAA and city finally got enough of it and used eminent domain to tear down her house and build a street through the property - Good move on their part!  ;<)  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
3 people like this