Aircraft for backcountry from Europe ...

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everybody,

I've joined this forum due to two important reasons:

• STOL features related to all aircraft and people here
  • significant heritage of Avid Flyer (or Kitfox? , nobody know) easy to recognize on my plane STYLUS

I've found really STOL capable aircraft here in Europe as well, I had opportunity even to fly it. Name is Slepcev Storch, light replica of famous German Storch.

Here are som pictures from windy and cloudy autumns day i went to try it to lovely German airport close to Czech - German border.

Really nice experience, I just found photos.

Extremely short T/O and landing with Rotax 912 100HP

Resize of IMG_5330.JPG

Resize of IMG_5358.JPG

Resize of IMG_5420.JPG

Resize of IMG_5426.JPG

3 people like this

Posted

This is one plane I would love to fly!

:BC:

Posted (edited)

A designer / engineer named Pazmany published plans in the U.S. for a small 2-seat "Storch" in books that might be still available to buy.  They are an excellent performer, but it was not available as a kit.   I have his Landing gear design book and it has lots of useful information in it.  I would sell my copy for what it cost me.  EDMO

Scan0471.jpg

Edited by EDMO

Posted

This aircraft was build /kit manufactured by Nestor Slepcev. That time he was living in Australia. I don't know, how many kits was sold (some about number 200 I've found on internet) wolrwide , but the white one is the last manufactured in Australia.

Nestor Slepcev then moved to Europe and now he is living close to Novi Sad city, in Serbia. I don't know, if he is still able to manufacture kit or aircraft (really huge welding work) but aircraft I tried was excellent performer regarding STOL and regarding control as well. Aircraft is replica, so maybe some features are not really supporting comfort, but excellent performer.

1 person likes this

Posted

When the Slepchev Storch was released in the early nintys? there was a video of one demonstrating slow flight, what made It even cooler was a person on foot running beside it:) We have a rotec powered one at a local field which I believe isn't far off flying.

1 person likes this

Posted

There's a guy in Australia with one of those on BCP.  Looks like a great performing plane.

Posted

Yes, performance is excellent. It is 75% replica of original German Fiesseler Storch.

Slepcev started 1994 as far as I know. I flown it only one time, but it was really nice experience.

Posted

Dear friends,

last week we had the biggest aviation exhibition in Europe (for general aviation) AERO Expo 2018 Friedrichshafen. Sort of celebration for me and my friends, we are traveling nearly 1000 kilometers by car to visit this event.

This year sort of mixture appeared here as you can see. Maybe not really rational, but ...

Look at it. It is Bristell (my current aircraft type) but on the real Beringer Alaskan landing gear. I don't know, how it will work, but definitely I will ask to try it.

Resize of IMG_5982.JPG

Resize of IMG_5983.JPG

Resize of IMG_5984.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

... and this is the aircraft from my dreams ...

Resize of IMG_5945.JPG

Posted

Hi everybody,

recently I've found interesting video from altiporto Chamois in Italian Alps (altitude 5.811 ft)

chamoismp4.gif

http://www.postfrontal.com/gallery/Agosto%202007/Kappe/Festa%20Altiporto%20Chamois%20(AO)/slides/IMG_4664.JPG

The point is that there was aircraft Parrot Land Anywhere flying / sort of interesting solution, have a look:

Parrot.thumb.png.87876e8c701ba9f34970bf5

Parrot2.thumb.jpg.d937825c5bb71a42b28ac5

It looks like sort of new solution for landing gear, suitable for STOL operations, isn't it?

1 person likes this