New Play Toys

6 posts in this topic

Posted

well I have some new play things to keep me interested. The black one I spent 2.5 hrs flying today. It flys down to 24 mph.  At one point it was showing a ground speed of 5mph.  The second plane is one I help finish and will be flying off the 40 hrs for the owner.  Nope neither one is mine even better I get to fly them and someone else pays the bills. The black one is a Mackey SQ2 and the other a brand new Back County Super Cub Revision 2.:)

IMG_0930.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

4 people like this

Posted

Pretty sweet, Paul...

Posted

wow, you really got this figured out well...enjoy it :)

Posted

How do I get a job like yours?  :) JImChuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Only flown in the backseat of a Backcountry Cub but have seen both in person. Pretty impressive machines but both would buy a nice family home in all 50 states including CA. 

Posted

You are right about that Joey.  My Avid is a little faster and burns less than half the fuel of SQ2 but boy will they land slow and short to say nothing of carrying one big load.  They are also very docile on the runway and stable in the air. I would love to own one if I had a boat load of money.  A friend of mine owns BCSC and is a great guy.  I think I may have mentioned that he has a welder that works for him that worked at Avid for years.

i don't know Jim, it sounds like your gig is pretty sweet.  I think this retirement thing is alright what do you think?

2 people like this