Huston! We have a problem!

29 posts in this topic

Posted

I will remove the washer and come up with a different way of adding a stop. I appreciate the feedback on this.

Vance

I bought an aluminum split collar to put on the elevator rod, where it goes through the support bushing, right behind the mixer. The collar would act as a stop when it goes forward and meets the bushing. And not put any side load on the the front joint.                  Ended up using two hose clamps, side by side, instead of one collar. Belly frame didn't allow enough clearance for the split collar. 

2 people like this

Posted

Mine happens to be off 

20181001_204422.jpg

Posted

FWIW, my down-elevator control stop is simply a screw-on hose clamp placed on the elevator control rod behind a ferrule.  This is very simple & easy to install.

Posted

To continue this topic. I am setting my elevator travel. Three questions 1. with 30 degrees up and 17 down do you feel you have good pitch control at all speeds? 2. Is the travel limit an attempt to control pitch forces on the airframe? 3. My construction manual has the up travel limited by the elevator horn hitting the vertical stabilizer post and the down limited by adjusting the fork so the control arm binds at the torque tube when you get the 17 degrees down. Does that all sound correct ? I think I like the stop better.