Warp drive props???

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Have new Warp drive props (3).  Sent a protractor along with the blades, but my Avid manual only describes a wooden prop.  Using the protractor, I can (theoretically) set any pitch I want.  Great!  Trouble is, I don't have a clue what pitch does what.  Any advice from the pros on this site (which is most everybody but me, I think) as to what pitch for best climb would be most appreciated.....

Don

Posted

I have a warp drive 3 blade tapered tip I believe 72" and I'm set at 16.5 ° for overall performance. Warp drives website explains everything it helped me a lot . 

Posted (edited)

Don,  What engine do you have?  I think the most important is to get the static rpms right on the 2-strokes.  (maybe 6K?)  I have a WD-3, and their site tells you how to use the protractor.  Jim Chuk 1Avidflyer, has a laser that he uses to set props.  The owner of mine told me to set it about 11 degrees and turn 4200 static with my EA81, but a Stratus should turn faster.  There are lots of flyers on here that can tell you more than I can.  Regards,  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

I played with my pitch to get my climb rpm around 6100-6200 rpm with my 582 . I get the best of both worlds that way. 

Posted

Have an E81 on my flyer.. Will check out the website (Warp) and see if that will explain things.  If not, guess I'll start out at 10 deg and test from there. 

Posted (edited)

Have an E81 on my flyer.. Will check out the website (Warp) and see if that will explain things.  If not, guess I'll start out at 10 deg and test from there. 

Don,  If Stratus dual carb, then Suberavid has one and has had WD prop, but somehow his tach is showing slow - He might have pitch for you?   My Dave Johnson has single Holly 5200, 1.84:1 redrive and I think the 3-72" WD used about 11 or 12 degrees on another plane.  Guy told me to get 4200 static and not to cruise it over 5K, but Stratus runs faster with 2.2:1 redrive.  EDMO

Edited by EDMO