Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kitfox 4 rudder

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all,   I was stripping down the Kitfox 4 today, and when I went to pull the rudder, I had a couple of the bolts that were rusted into the heim joints.  They were locked into the inner bearing part with rust I'm guessing.  Still haven't got the top one out.  The bolts will spin, but the bearing will spin with it.  I'm just mentioning this so if anyone has a Kitfox 4 or later that uses these bearings on the rudder, it might be a good idea to oil them every once in a while in cast you ever want to remove the rudder.  JImChuk

Posted

Hi all,   I was stripping down the Kitfox 4 today, and when I went to pull the rudder, I had a couple of the bolts that were rusted into the heim joints.  They were locked into the inner bearing part with rust I'm guessing.  Still haven't got the top one out.  The bolts will spin, but the bearing will spin with it.  I'm just mentioning this so if anyone has a Kitfox 4 or later that uses these bearings on the rudder, it might be a good idea to oil them every once in a while in cast you ever want to remove the rudder.  JImChuk

Might be a good place to use some Stainless AN or MS bolts?  EDMO