Bush gear topic reopened

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Here is my lastest setup on #0038 going back into shop to remove it and box it up to send back TN  to fix it.  Should b headed back my way in 2weeks or less. 

60822A96-7862-4860-83CA-17F05E20FF4D.jpeg

3F4101F5-0926-4C75-8F2B-FAC38186576D.jpeg

Posted

That gearbox sticks right out into the wind. Is that a 582? I was wondering if it’s a round cowl engine mount that made it lower and further forward?

I like the look of that gear. It’s definitely lighter than mine. It looks longer legged, but I think that’s because of the smaller tubing and the mounting positions. Yours look steeper, too. My setup has the legs just under 45° from vertical at a rest. Pretty similar angle of attack. The taller gear definitely affects visibility on the ground. 

Posted (edited)

Yes 582/Cbox, originally a 503/Bbox when i bought it wrecked, this cowl i hear is mayb an earlie style than the bump cowl, sure is WAY easier to c around than the bump cowl. Its same length as the others it just looks long the way its built, same mount to mount motor except it doesnt have the extra mounts to hold the bumpcowl on. Lifted the firewall up 4" and took my backing plates out to 68.5" from the original 57". 

Tires r the 21" desser smooth tundra tires. 

Edited by Buckchop

Posted

Ok guys here we go.  We all want some bush gear and man ill tell u im at top of the list too,  lots of good good people out there building good gear, and then mayb there some bad eggs out there, Or mayb things just happen sometimes, but in the fabrication world especially for aircraft its pretty important.  Here is y my new gear from Randy Moore got sent back for him to totaly rebuild again, now in an earlie post here i mentioned some of the problems.  Thought id post the pic’s (as much as i didnt want to) but it should b shown so others to really watchout for problems on there landing gear wether its new bush gear or old stock used gear, or replacing an old gear leg, and y its so important for both gearlegs to b the same lenth. 

IMG_9660.jpg

589909455.jpg

589909437.jpg

589738670.jpg

589681090.jpg

589681027.jpg

589680994.jpg

589677580.jpg

589677561.jpg

Posted

image.png

Posted

What the ....?!

1 person likes this

Posted

Well its Nov3,  still waiting on my gear for the bluefox, 10 days left till my 49th Bday, dont think im going to c it by then.  Mayb lucky to get it b4 spring the way its going. :( Guess ill put the skis on the blackfox and play with it now since had to rebuild my newly built haulin trailer, i made it to tall.  

Posted

Well the new gear showed up Tuesday, got it on, and backoff and dropped at powdercoater, should have it back Monday, think i found a set of the skidoo springs in town will also know on Monday. Mayb with some luck now ill have it out and do the static runup and test taxi on the new gear mid nextweek. 

22BE6890-2FCB-4DD8-A462-6A77EEA8C72B.jpeg

B88D8D73-4A36-4E08-9D0D-B482466D5F47.jpeg

33E08D22-0D86-4FB8-8F9B-19B7EB3E231A.jpeg

1E6AB305-AA75-4EBF-A87B-21BDE2D3B9B3.jpeg

EFD3FB5C-E5DC-4EFD-80C7-4C471FEF5BBB.jpeg

3A7531F7-7841-4971-B776-68190AAE0FB4.jpeg

2 people like this

Posted

Good to see that it’s safely supported on jack stands. OSHA stamp of approval. 

2 people like this

Posted

I like the play on words.... :lmao:JImChuk

Posted (edited)

The jackstands r 24,000lbs each widebase ones for equipment, ive used them to holdup one end of a 55,000lbs Clark 125c loader b4 when doing a brakejob, and if u look close i tack welded it all so no movement. Hahahaaaaa And far as Msha Or Osha they can kiss my :ph34r:   Hahahahahaaaaaa

Edited by Buckchop
1 person likes this

Posted

It looks to me like the gear got the adjustments it needed. I’m looking forward to hearing the report on how it works. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Well hope today b my Lucky Day. Hahahahaaaaa  mayb ill have some landing gear and some new springs to install. 

Yea im very happy with the new gear now, i know im very picky on things, got to b on an airplane, but it needed repaird some thats for sure. 

Posted (edited)

Got it on, waiting for springs hope b in today, and have to make slots in strut 2” longer (u can c the green tape) safety cables, ect.

24CFC87C-0A60-46CD-8E15-1108FF3CD909.jpeg

E2B531DE-20FF-4A11-8E21-B40F572CE5E3.jpeg

EB3B5CFC-4079-41DC-9941-0C22C7E89B8D.jpeg

Edited by Buckchop

Posted

I have often wondered why nobody has criss-crossed the space below the fuselage with slightly longitudinally offset gear legs, then use the kind of vertical spring-shock arrangement above the wheels.  The Just Aircraft SuperStol gear pivots about the centerline keel.  Criss-crossing the lower fuselage give even better geometry, with shallower angles, and hence even less squat as the gear compresses.  It puts more stuff out in the propwash, though.  Still, this concentrates virtually all the gear's force at the shock/spring attachment.

Would you elaborate please? I am trying to envision this.