Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Why is this here??

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, as most of you know, I have an issue with heavy handed moderators editing out content on a vendor who is not "supporting the forum"  Recently I made a post on another site stating the AWESOME customer service I got from a small mom and pop mining supply place.  When I say AWESOME I do mean awesome.. I was tempted to ask the gal if she was married or not :lmao:Low and behold, a moderator came by and edited out the name of the business as they were not and advertiser on their site.  Pissed me off so here we are.  If anyone has any issues with me expanding the forum and opening it up to another passion of mine ( I am talking about the contributing members that we have on here) speak up and I will gladly refund your money, after all, I have promised that this is our site, not just mine.

Not sure if others will join in here but who knows, maybe we can generate more pilots as we all know that a person crazy enough to chase gold probly would love a plane to get out into the remote areas that are untouched to find some.. what better way to get a guy and his gold pan into the back country than with an avid or kitfox!

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

No problem for me, the more the merrier!

Mark

2 people like this

Posted

No problem for me, the more the merrier!

Mark

Awesome!  And thanks for the $ mr!  You guys rock!!

1 person likes this

Posted

This is by far my favorite forum. HBA sucks there's a bunch of people that will take the dumbest subject and make a 14 page thread about it.  If you ask a legit question maybe 1 person will answer . I like the fact that everybody here talks about there other hobbies and things they like to do . I came to this site when I was looking at my avid and got every question I asked answered with multiple suggestions . Hell you even let me post about my damn lawnmower giving me problems and I had a couple guys give me good pointers with that . Sorry for the long post but I'm 120% with you on this . Just to bad there's no gold in florida or I would be out looking too . Keep up the good work on this site I can't thank everyone that's ever helped me enough . 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well, as most of you know, I have an issue with heavy handed moderators editing out content on a vendor who is not "supporting the forum"  Recently I made a post on another site stating the AWESOME customer service I got from a small mom and pop mining supply place.  When I say AWESOME I do mean awesome.. I was tempted to ask the gal if she was married or not :lmao:Low and behold, a moderator came by and edited out the name of the business as they were not and advertiser on their site.  Pissed me off so here we are.  If anyone has any issues with me expanding the forum and opening it up to another passion of mine ( I am talking about the contributing members that we have on here) speak up and I will gladly refund your money, after all, I have promised that this is our site, not just mine.

Not sure if others will join in here but who knows, maybe we can generate more pilots as we all know that a person crazy enough to chase gold probly would love a plane to get out into the remote areas that are untouched to find some.. what better way to get a guy and his gold pan into the back country than with an avid or kitfox!

Better find out if that "Gal" has the gold before you jump into the pan again!  ???  Anything you want to add is fine with me - Awesome Site!   Awesome members!   :BC:  EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

This is by far my favorite forum. HBA sucks there's a bunch of people that will take the dumbest subject and make a 14 page thread about it.  If you ask a legit question maybe 1 person will answer . I like the fact that everybody here talks about there other hobbies and things they like to do . I came to this site when I was looking at my avid and got every question I asked answered with multiple suggestions . Hell you even let me post about my damn lawnmower giving me problems and I had a couple guys give me good pointers with that . Sorry for the long post but I'm 120% with you on this . Just to bad there's no gold in florida or I would be out looking too . Keep up the good work on this site I can't thank everyone that's ever helped me enough . 

right on.. we are the misfits here.  we all tend to think out of the box at times.. ok, most of the time.. hahahaha.  Thats what makes this site what it is and what keeps me going!  Thanks for the kind words mr!

Better find out if that "Gal" has the gold before you jump into the pan again!  ???  Anything you want to add is fine with me - Awesome Site!   Awesome members!   :BC:  EDMO

uhhh, im out of the pan and full in the fire at this point trying to get out of this one with anything less than 3rd degree burns over 100% of my body.. there is no next gal.. also found out that AK does not recognize prenups so the I guess its going to be on pay as needed basis from now on!  if it flys floats or f$%ks its cheaper to rent right :dunno:  hahahaha

1 person likes this

Posted

right on.. we are the misfits here.  we all tend to think out of the box at times.. ok, most of the time.. hahahaha.  Thats what makes this site what it is and what keeps me going!  Thanks for the kind words mr!

uhhh, im out of the pan and full in the fire at this point trying to get out of this one with anything less than 3rd degree burns over 100% of my body.. there is no next gal.. also found out that AK does not recognize prenups so the I guess its going to be on pay as needed basis from now on!  if it flys floats or f$%ks its cheaper to rent right :dunno:  hahahaha

I sure didn't know that prenups were not valid in AK - Guess it was a good thing that my X filed in MO instead - Only cost me child support and I got the house in Anchorage.   Yes, renting is sometimes a LOT cheaper!  :BC:  EDMO

Posted (edited)

I left my gold location maps for the Sherpa pilot who bought my Anchorage house.  His in-laws were gold miners.  Figured my Alaska time was done.  Remember the time a dozer driver dug up a 22 pound nugget somewhere around Fairbanks?  That was commercial mining tho.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

It's fun to play with getting out prospecting and my daughter loves to dig for "pirate treasure"  The hardest part is getting her to not grab the pan and dump it when she wants to see what kind of treasure we found :lol:

Anything that gets the kids outdoors to spend time with me is good in my book.. maybe one day it will turn into something more than a hobby.  There are a few items that I am working on designing / producing that are not commercially available.  Testing and tuning if fun for me and building prototypes gets me going!

When the weather is raining and winds blowing and I can't fly I may as well do something constructive to get out of the house :lmao:

1 person likes this

Posted

Some scrap metal I have collected in NC and SC over some 20+ years. What's in the pan was from last outing on French Broad river...good hobby. Usually run a small highbanker with a small Honda pump.

IMG_20170917_091858131_HDR.jpg

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well since its that time of year here for me to get started fixing equipment, sellin gravel and gold mining here for summer, i thought id share a few pic of some of our most prized pieces we have found in the almost 35 years on the same ground, and it also rubs the gold bug into Leni somemore for this summer of fun.  Hahhaaaaa 

image.jpg

Edited by Buckchop
1 person likes this

Posted

That's Absolutely Awesome!  I bet that would make Leni dance!  Would be curious what the large bone is?

Leni....Awesome site!  No better forum out there!  Keep up the Great Work and do what you want with it, I agree more the merrier! Always another angle/set of views!  Cheers Randy 

Posted

The large rear leg bone is from a mammoth, from the hip to the knee, the skulls with horns r from steep bison, i belive the died about 10,000 years ago if i remember right.  We find all kinds of bones and tusks quite often here on our patented mining ground.

far as the gold the first two pic r whats called chrystaline gold it weighs 2.3 OZ pretty rare form to find ive heard 

the quarts rock with the gold in it weighs 7oz and the UAF says they belive the center is solid gold inside the rock.  There has been lots of mining in this valley we own since 1903 both placer and hardrock. When we startdiggin a hole it always ends up ruffly 80ft deep and when we get there we find old mineshafts 80' or more down and tunnels and rooms, them guys where damm tough or mayb little crazy to. 

Posted (edited)

One dozer driver dug up a 22 POUND solid Gold nugget while I was up there - About drove everyone nuts!  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Just a pic of a test pan (2wooden spoon fulls) after runnin around 2000 yrds thro the sluice plant. Time for a cleanup!!! 

And a few pic of the hole ive dug, and my adult TONKA toys,  (Hitachi ex700 excavator, payhauler 50 yd rocktruck) hahaaaa im only gettin started on the top of pay so far, but the better stuff is comin soon!!! And a deeper hole!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A few more pic of this summers cut, down to bottom of pay and moving backwards across cut to the other side, ive hauled out a total of 148, 50yard loads so far. We had a serious rainstorm here for a week and now me and my son r pumpin water like mad men. Hahahhaaaaa

by the way my son down in the hole is 6’1” at 17yrs old helps with reference of hole depth. Hahahaaaaaa

A0EF559F-D383-44BA-87FF-E24CB3B59B83.jpeg

AD55CE0B-9E97-4A83-830D-AF589ACD7DC7.jpeg

698A0B97-AAD8-452A-BD98-CA75CD121365.jpeg

0B3C38E1-DC3C-4F1E-B01D-7C1426FE90A3.jpeg

6273480F-25B9-4CBB-A2BA-7D6B8D2F6CFF.jpeg

Edited by Buckchop
3 people like this

Posted

Well another mining season is well under way here. Lots of dirt to move, and the miner next to me (we r mining up to each others property line found the top of an old mining drift id guess 90-100ft underground. Drift is about 5’tall 5’-6’ wide at bottom.  Looks like part of the drift going back into the hill on my side of property line mayb still open to get into later for some cool pic!!!!

614D64E3-7675-4C78-8DFA-9D851F9BF86E.jpeg

1FCA1BC0-476F-4D72-A901-41F52BA72C75.jpeg

59C303B3-B7AA-421F-8051-F79E9D466DF0.jpeg

A626F11B-DF36-420C-996E-230DA7A3A015.jpeg

449A7821-030E-4555-9BA3-F0FBCD0D7C34.jpeg

E592CF74-6323-4334-BEA3-E4823DDBF555.jpeg

6313E454-3465-4CB8-AB91-C8F1B60DFA4A.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted

Old drift's can be like a loaded gun with the hammer cocked. But then you'd know that!  We have several old abandoned drift (coal) mines here in WVa. We call them punch holes since all they did was punch a hole into the mountain and get what coal they could out the old way, no equipment to speak of. 

Posted (edited)

Some of the shafts and drifts around here been standin for 100yrs and they 80-100ft underground.  In the 36yrs mining here we have seen what looked like winter living quarters down there, have dug up bed frames, wood stoves, lots of tools, Have heard some workers went in in fall and stayed down there most the winter.  Also lots of old cabins with false floors where the shaft entrance was hidden under the floor, Also we have the old Hudson stamp mill built in 1910-1911 still standing here 5stories tall. 

Edited by Buckchop
3 people like this

Posted

Well i made it to the pay, ill b hauling some out today or monday, and the tain has quit for now mayb it will stay gone,  here a few older pic of the trip to the bottom of the hole. The small pond by the orange hitachi boom in the first pic is the 80’ deep hole i did last yr and im filling it in now from stripping from this yr. 

Oh and sure is nice when mother nature cools thinks off and then leaves a rainbow in site.  By the way there is 2 there. 

7A3FAF91-21B3-49A7-8CF7-66721683A9E7.jpeg

3C89EF95-E322-4885-AEB1-64C0A211F5BB.jpeg

681D854D-086E-4EC5-B53B-985B45AB775E.jpeg

49537084-44BE-4CA8-96E9-2B1FF131E6B4.jpeg

DD41BA11-BA76-4A76-BE03-36B0791CD3DC.jpeg

4 people like this

Posted

Well in one of my earlier posts i showed pic of the top of a mine drift that is 100’ underground i found when i got down on bedrock,  so we pulled all the timbers out and sluiced the gravel around it and the rest of the cut, did very well!! Thought id post a few pic of pulling the drift apart with my son Carter and my best friend John. 

EC7E048A-2107-4BE1-A1CB-034BB286FCA4.jpeg

CCD9E7EF-7635-4097-969D-B75961B1E166.jpeg

11F2369D-282B-40FD-8BE9-F06FE08F5147.jpeg

03F550D1-F310-4880-A579-9F3F42AF5737.jpeg

1638E409-4CE8-4350-9D86-FF60138EBD10.jpeg

82468294-6286-4832-AD0B-167DED742480.jpeg

3 people like this

Posted

Well its almost that time of yr again for me, hope i least get all the fabric on the pa12 b4 i have to go back to work. Hahhaaaaa

DA951012-A8E6-40AE-920A-5B852F07B04C.jpeg

CEC0CB54-927A-41D8-9A52-C942341F8DC2.jpeg

1 person likes this