Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fuel tank outlet

3 posts in this topic

Posted

It's been a while since I posted. I've been doing little things but mostly working on my tractor. New clutch and an unplanned blown head gasket. Turns out the head had a crack between the injector and intake valve on the center cylinder. 

So the Avid fuel tanks are cleaned and ready for fuel. The tanks had little to no contamination. 

When one tank was laid up they didn't clean the fiberglass away from the outlet holes in line with the inserts. The builder didn't realize this and put the outlet and curtis valve in crocked. I was able to clean them up with a dremmel and tap. 

My problem is the 90 degree outlet is not tight when at the right position and if I try and make another complete turn it bottoms out leaving the 90 aiming at the end of the wing. Have any of you had this problem and what did you do to fix it. 

Thanks

Vance

Posted

It's been a while since I posted. I've been doing little things but mostly working on my tractor. New clutch and an unplanned blown head gasket. Turns out the head had a crack between the injector and intake valve on the center cylinder. 

So the Avid fuel tanks are cleaned and ready for fuel. The tanks had little to no contamination. 

When one tank was laid up they didn't clean the fiberglass away from the outlet holes in line with the inserts. The builder didn't realize this and put the outlet and curtis valve in crocked. I was able to clean them up with a dremmel and tap. 

My problem is the 90 degree outlet is not tight when at the right position and if I try and make another complete turn it bottoms out leaving the 90 aiming at the end of the wing. Have any of you had this problem and what did you do to fix it. 

Thanks

Vance

I don't know about Avid fittings, but my Kitfox had a straight fitting screwed into the tank strainer fitting.  EDMO

Posted