BIG NEWS: Avid is BACK IN BUSINESS!

By C5Engineer in Avidfoxflyers General Hangar,
I have waited a long time to receive this news! Avid is under new ownership! I proudly introduce to you Mark Mendick. Mark is an Engineer from Iowa. Please keep in mind this is all still very new and please be patient as Mark gets up and running. I have personally spoke with Mark and he is excited to get this off the ground. Mark will first be focusing on making parts from the same, original jigs and fixtures used in the 90's for customers who have spent years looking for parts that fit their Avid. As the manufacturing facility takes shape, they will go into full-scale production, manufacturing and shipping the same, easy to assemble Avid kits people fell in love with at a cost that makes flying affordable for everyone.   Avid’s business development is still in the early stages. Mark is working on an online presence, sorting through old parts lists and manuals, and setting up the manufacturing facility. If you or anyone you know have pictures they would like to share before, during, or after the build, he would love to see them and maybe even include them on his website! He would also love to speak with anyone looking for Avid parts. This includes everything from a complete wing set down to a rudder pedal bracket. Just like Avid in the 1990’s, Avid today will only be sourcing from the highest quality material suppliers in the market. He will strive to take customers input into consideration as they revitalize this company and are so excited to meet all of the Avid enthusiasts. If you have any questions or would like more information, please feel free to email Mark at mmendick@avidkitplanes.com.
  • 36 replies