Avid 1581 is getting close

By C5Engineer in Avidfoxflyers General Hangar,
Some of you know I've been tinkering on this MK4 for about a 10 months now. It was an unfinished project. One of the things left was the finish work on the struts and gear legs. I farmed the work out to a friend who's done a few other fabric jobs for me. If you ever want the wide gear or a trim tab added let me know Lowell does amazing work and has built two beautiful Kitfoxes. I just have a few more loose ends to finish up then it's time to call the DAR for the AW inspection. The black brake lines in the gear pic are going away we plumbed in line under the fabric. Can't wait to get into Phase 1. Specs  Serial #1581 MK4 Heavy Hauler 1150 gross Factory Built extended Speed Wing Stace Schrader Poly Fuel Tanks 24 gallon capacity Belite multi gauge with Microair radio and transponder Highcountry Wide gear with 21"  Dessers and custom brake set up using MC4Ds. Bungee Covers by Fisher Upholstery in Eagle Idaho Custom TW spring with 8" Matco TW Whelen LED strobe/Nav combo 582 Mod 90 3:1 C box with RK400 clutch 3 blade 72" tapered tip Warp Drive prop I am open to ideas for a side stripe and I'm also going to run a thread for guesses on the EW soon.   
  • 27 replies