Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Kitfox Aircraft Logo

New Kitfox Aircraft Logo Poll   10 votes

1. 1. Thumbs up or Thumbs down?

• YES - it's about time to dump that funky old foxy logo!
    • NO - way too much history to toss the old foxy logo aside!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, the new foxy logo is out of the bag. What's your take?

Got a favorite?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Posted (edited)

Crap!!!  That's the Fox drawing I was going to put on my Foxy Flapper!  EDMO

Scan0446.jpg

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I like the new logo. I do wish they would change the red/yellow in the lettering. May be just me, but I think the colors are somewhat dated. I would like to see the word 'KITFOX' either blacked out or just black outlined so it would go with any color the aircraft happened to be.

Posted (edited)

I like the new logo. I do wish they would change the red/yellow in the lettering. May be just me, but I think the colors are somewhat dated. I would like to see the word 'KITFOX' either blacked out or just black outlined so it would go with any color the aircraft happened to be.

I am not an attorney - But, since this is someone else's drawing, I don't see how Kitfox can put a copyright on it.  You could copy it and make it any color you want and have your own decal made for your plane.  I don't think Kitfox would bother to sue you, since you are still giving free advertising to their company.   EDMO

Scan0446.jpg

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I don't know copyright law, either. My understanding is that a guy can go three different routes on existing artwork.

1. Swipe it, use it and throw caution to the wind. Pirating

2. Pay for one-time/single copy use.

3. Purchase exclusive rights.

No doubt, my understanding is incomplete at best. Possibly, completely wrong...

Posted (edited)

I wont put the KITFOX name on my bird, although technically it is a modified Kitfox/Avid, if for no other reason than the insurance company cannot say it was not built to their plans.  But I may use the drawing that I had chosen before Kitfox decided to use it, unless they bought the exclusive rights to it. 

And, I don't know why in hell the computer keeps putting up the drawing here that I posted about 3 posts ago -

I AM NOT ADDING IT.  ???  EDMO

Scan0446.jpg

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I am planning to order a seat cushion with the new logo as soon as they are available.  I like it a lot!  I was happy to see the "cutesy" fox go away.

If they have trademarked it, it's the art with the text.  See Doug's first post.  Unless you were selling something using their version of the artwork, I doubt they would care.  Not worth the expense of suing you.  Look at all the plagiarism that goes on in the experimental aircraft world.  It would fill every courtroom in the country for years to litigate it all.

Your insurance company doesn't give a damn if you followed the kit or plans or what ever.  It's experimental.  They will charge what they will charge.

Posted

I thought Ed was more concerned with if he ever had to file a claim (didn't follow plans, so that's why it got damaged/crashed), not costs. Any excuse they can use to duck out of paying . . .

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I thought Ed was more concerned with if he ever had to file a claim (didn't follow plans, so that's why it got damaged/crashed), not costs. Any excuse they can use to duck out of paying . . .

Exactly why I wont call it a Kitfox!  Mine is so different that I wouldn't stand a chance of defending in court of law on a liability suit, not to mention replacing the airplane.  

But if they insure it as a "Foxy" or whatever name I registered, then it was built according to my plans.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO