Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Engine Removal / Installation

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I am getting ready to replace my Rotax 532 with a (relatively new) 582.  From what I can see, it looks like the easiest (best) way to do this is to remove the engine with the engine mount still attached, since it gives me a good place to attach my hoist.

I have looked at the build manual on this site and well as the Rotax installation manuals, but none of them seem to have any torque specifications contained.

Does anyone know what the torque specifications are for the motor mount attachments to the engine or the torque specifications for the motor mount to the frame?

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

The engine mount to frame would be standard torque for the size bolts used.  I looked to find in my manual the torque on the donut bolts, but I didn't find the old type bottom mount info and the side mount info is faded, but shows the 8mm bolts torqued to 16 ft lbs.  Which do you have?  EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

It should be in the Rotax Installation Manual.  I remember seeing it somewhere when I did my build.  It is a smaller number than you might think.